ATT flopped as I predicted

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stealthipad, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I put my order in at around 7am after 20 tries I get my order through! two minutes later I get an email saying my order was canceled because I have two many lines on my account! I did an upgrade and was not adding an account which I only have 4 lines and could have 20!

Long story but after calling ATT they said my order is in and it will be shipped to arrive on release day. Even AT&T said their computer flopped big time!

Did they not take any steps to help their computer through what they knew would be heavy traffic or did they decide to just let it crash! Even the manager at my local AT&T corp store say it was a HUGE disappointment to see ATT crap out so badly!

Some how I was not surprised!

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Apple or AT&T flopped?

Any errors I saw were during the interactions with the AT&T servers.

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Congratulations on predicting something so obvious.

Think about it for a minute. You have a big pre-order process coming up for one day only for the entire year. Do you go out and buy a whole bunch of extra servers, knowing that they won't be used for 364 days of the year, or do you just wait it out, knowing that once all the fanboys are done crying and screaming they will eventually all get their phones?

4. Steve686 macrumors 68040

Steve686

5. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sorry, corrected it. NO DOUBT it was ATT servers.

After gettng my order done on line I went to the store and they could not even do pre-orders! I know the manager and she was so scared that ATT would do this and they did!:eek:

6. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

AT&T flopped worse than Derek Fisher vs the Celtics

7. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

When you are done crying, fan boy, ask yourself what you are doing here! LOL!

8. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

This happens every year to their servers. They don't learn well. :rolleyes:

9. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I logged into my AT&T account on the first attempt. Placed the order, and was done in 10 minutes. Super Easy. Exactly what I expected. I've had AT&T for years and the service has been great.

10. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

While this did happen at some points in time, where the checking of AT&T account screen just sat there and thought, MOST of the night and morning was a failure of Apple's servers to handle capacity. I can guarantee you that AT&T had nothing to do with the Apple iPhone web page being directed to the "OOPS!" or standard "store down" screens. Nor did AT&T control the failure of Apple's page that shows where you can pick it up or have it delivered. Only one step along that path was the check in with AT&T.

However, I DID expect that as soon as the AT&T check screen had issues that many would push all of the blame directly onto AT&T because that's just the MR Apple fanboi thing to do!

11. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I thought all was well, too until I received an email sayiong that my order had been cancelled. Took several hours to find out that the email was in error and I DO have a order waiting but ATT could have done a better job at this.

12. skyehill macrumors 6502

This is Apple's fault. This combined with the moronic white phone omission is one huge EPIC Apple fail.

13. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Funny. Same thing could be said about Paul Pierce.

14. Mac512-1987 macrumors newbie

Of course, don't bother trying to call. Once you get through to an "ASSociate" he/she will give you another number to call to order an iPhone (since the website still doesn't show an i4 as an upgrade option) only to find that "do to an unusually high traffic (er whatever), we are unable to take your call. Please try back later."