ATT Free 1 Month

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ebes1099, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Ebes1099 macrumors member

Anyone pick this up recently? I called at&t today and they told me they are no longer offering the free 1 month of data.

2. crazypdxmacfan macrumors newbie

That sucks. I got 1 month free on the 2GB plan when I signed up last week. (I'm a new AT&T customer)

3. apd8 macrumors member

4. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

I gots it! :) and i just signed up two days ago.... i'm already at 2gb though. DOH!!! so i guess my first month isn't free....just the first 2gb.

5. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

If someone had a screenshot of it from their site... then, it could work somehow.

6. MiGadgets macrumors newbie

yesterday I was told by AT&T operator that the free 2gb was only for post-paid contracts (2yr term). Free 2gb was not available for pre-paid plans, but no longterm contract required.

7. fherjohn macrumors newbie

8. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

No contract, but the rest is correct. I got it and plan to cancel my post-paid plan 1 day before renewal ;)

9. caodapengtj macrumors member

I went to AT&T on the launch day of ipad2 for this plan. AT&T folks knew this promotion, but they cannot get it down in their system. After half an hour they got it done, sort of. When I received the bill, I was charged the full amount of $25 for data. Went back to AT&T they didn't know what was going on, just manually gave me back $25 of creadit. So....not bad.

And a good part of this postpaid plan is that my 15% employee discount works. I'll probably keep the data plan on iPad.:D

10. katyoshi macrumors 6502

They gave me $25 credit back after figuring out I didn't get the first month free. Do they really give 15% discount if you work for a qualified company? I have it for my iPhone 4 plan but wasn't sure if they discounted for the iPad data plan

11. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

It discounts the whole bill. They told me I couldn't do post paid on my iPad. O wanted to add it to my cell phone bill. Ugh! I was able to get the free month last week when I signed up. I really wanted to have it on the sa me bill though!

12. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

Why would they not allow you to do post-paid?

13. katyoshi macrumors 6502

I called AT&T and they said call back on the weekday to change your ipad 2GB data plan to the post-paid plan on your cell phone bill and take advantage of the company discount you're getting. I'm going to do this as every little bit counts and I need the 3G!:D

14. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

I'm on the postpaid plan but for the moment, it is separate from my cell phone plan. Eventually I will merge them because i don't want two bills & I do get a company discount. However, in the meantime, I was able to add the company discount to my postpaid plan. I have not had a bill run yet so I can't say for sure if having it on there does anything, but you can have the discount on more than one bill.

15. caodapengtj macrumors member

According to me first bill (with iPad 2 on it), the 15% discount is applied to the iPad 2 data plan. According to my knowledge, this discount does not work for iPhone 4 data plans in New York state at least. In my previous bills, I get discount for talk planning, but I pay full amount for data plan $15 or $25. Should I also get 15% discount on iPhone data plan? If so, I'll go get my money back...

Thanks.

16. teddy bear jr. macrumors newbie

17. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

That is unfortunate. I was going to sign up for it tomorrow (monday). drat.