ATT giving $100 credit for those out of contract and signing a new 2 yr contract

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by murano, Nov 22, 2013.

1. murano macrumors member

Just got off the phone from att retention department after reading the thread about it on slickdeals (not sure if I can paste the link to that thread here)
    Basically, if you are out of contract with AT&T and looking to sign up a new 2 yr contract, ask the retention department and they will give you a $100 credit that will be applied to your bill after 30 days. I upgraded to the iPhone 5s. He also gave me a $25 credit (instant) for being with AT&T and waived off my upgrade fees.
    Again this will be YMMV but I thought I will share it with you all. I will be glad if it helps out my fellow MR friends. Doesn't hurt to call AT&T retention and ask politely.

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

$1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 question…

Will this work with grandfathered unlimited data plans, or does they bump you up to a newer plan? My family's contract is about to end, and we are on that unlimited data plan. If this works, this will be good.

BL.

3. murano thread starter macrumors member

No changes to your plan. I am on unlimited data too. I double checked with the rep and my plan remains as it is. Just call them the day your contract is up or after.

4. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Is there any indication how recent this upgrade had to occur? I bought a launch 5S when I was out of contract.

5. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

Yeah they suckered me into this on my iPad line. Really didn't want to put my Pad on a contract and be forced to change the number but I couldn't turn down free money.

6. kjay80 macrumors regular

Why verizon doesnt do a similar promotion like this???

7. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

Yup, that's how I'm getting my verizon ipad mini retina...