att gophone prepaid

tbluhp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
is the gophone prepaid network 3g or 4g network if using on iphone5 how about verzon prepaid?

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
The GoPhone network is HSPA+ compatible. Seeing as there isn't any LTE equipped GoPhones, though, I doubt you'll receive an LTE signal.

araje

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
I had the same question. I have an apple unlocked iphone5 which is the same one that apple sells for contract phones.
I have read off and on that this phone if on Gophone network will not use LTE even though it is capable.
Is that true?

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
I have a ATT PayGo SIM on my 4s and currently can only do voice calls (no data) as I have not sign up with a data plan, but the 4G icon lights up. I imagine this is solely whether the service is available at your towers and not limited on what kind of data plan you got. The carrier shouldn't care, they charge you by data volume not necessarily how fast can you get at the data.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I have a ATT PayGo SIM on my 4s and currently can only do voice calls (no data) as I have not sign up with a data plan, but the 4G icon lights up. I imagine this is solely whether the service is available at your towers and not limited on what kind of data plan you got. The carrier shouldn't care, they charge you by data volume not necessarily how fast can you get at the data.
The 4G logo that you see is what AT&T calls their hspa+
It's not LTE 4G.