iPhone X ATT grandfathered Unlimited>UnlimitedPremium

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Hi,

I need to a hotspot on my iPhone X and need to let go of my ATT grandfathered unlimited i have had for 10 years. What am I losing with ATT grandfathered? The price of UPremium is still the same as ATT grandfathered: $90.

What are hidden costs/problems of UPremium ?

Also, why is att charging $35 if I have purchased and paid for my phone through Apple?

Thanks

Joe h

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2017
$90 + $35 line access fee + around $10 in taxes and fake taxes. The $35 is because they can.

jakeuten

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2016
Minnesota
If you can get on the Unlimited Plus plan that's generally the cheapest one, especially if you have multiple lines.

sallenthornton

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2014
It was a sad day when I decided to give up my old unlimited plan. The only reason I gave it up was the lack of subsidies for new phones and having to pay full price. I thought having hotspot would be nice, but I never used it. I’m currently on the unlimited plus and am pretty happy with it.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Hi,

What is the total I can expect to pay with the Unlimited Premium? My bill with grandfathered Unlmited is $97.02 total a month which is cuz they just keep adding fees. I absolutely need a hotspot as I need to use my laptop so that is only reason I'm switching. Please let me know what you pay on the U Premium and if the $35 is a montly fee. I tried to switch to this plan on their site but it had some unknown error so I could not proceed.

The $35 is a month
$90 + $35 line access fee + around $10 in taxes and fake taxes. The $35 is because they can.