Att Imei Sweep

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by forcetactic, Dec 13, 2010.

1. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Sorry I posted in wrong section earlier.

So let's pretend I use an iPhone no data for 3 months without getting caught, then suddenly in the middle of billing cycle, they add $15 data.

1. Will they backcharge me for 3 months of data?
    2. If I switch to dumbphone And call same day, could I remove data and get fee waived?
    3. If not and I cancel same day, will the data plan they add be prorated (1/30 x $15)?
    4. Is it 100% confirmed that att doesn't sweep for 2g imei?

Thanks

2. Deacon* macrumors newbie

Sounds like a call to AT&T is in your future.

I had an unlocked first gen iPhone w/o data for many month's w/o any forced data plan.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

1. no they dont backcharge.
    2. yes you could call and remove the data once you switch to a dumbphone but they might prorate that one day.
    3. Most likelly.
    4. I havent heard many cases with 2G iphones getting hit with the data, it happens alot with 3G, 3GS and i4 though.

4. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I have two iPhone 4's and three iPhone 2G's on my family plan. Two of those 2G's were hit with data plans only because they believed they were iPhone 4's. I called and read them the IMEI and they confirmed that they were 2G's, and they removed the data plan, credited my account, and placed notes that these IMEIs are not to have any data plans as per a customer service manager.