ATT ipad Air 1gb Plan

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rugmankc, Mar 22, 2015.

1. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Want to put Cellular on wife's iPad Air for a trip.

I thought I already set it up and wanted to check it tonight. It shows either no service or 4g. My 6 Plus shows LTE in same spot. But, when i want to go online like to App Store it says no Cellular Data. Seems I did not set it up or something happened.

1. Assume it will show data type in top left corner even if no Cellular Plan setup. Just won't let you connect. Am I correct?

2. It allows me to start all steps to set up Cellular Plan. I would redo, but don't want charged twice. It has only been a few days and may not have shown up on CC yet. Many of my purchases take a couple days.

3. My guess is I have no plan and was never charged--Agree?

4. Main question since it only showed 4g where my iPhone showed LTE, is the iPad less receptive than the iPhone on Cellular? Anyone have this plan or can confirm iPad Air is just as good on Cellular as their iPhone.

Main reason we wanted it was to do Facetime btwn her 95 year old Mom and our son and his wife in another city on Easter. If I can't get good LTE if available, no reason to buy Plan.

Thanks

2. carizma22 macrumors member

I have At&T cellular on my iPad Air, but I remember when I got it, it took 24 hours to be activated. I pay $10 to share my data with iPhone plan. It is amazing. I use my iPad when I am traveling as a GPS: used it in the UK last August. I take my iPad when I go to my friend's cabin that doesn't have Internet. Sometimes I get better reception than on my iPhone 5S and with Handoff I can actually use my iPad for making calls. Did that today.

3. rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

Thanks charisma. It had been several days and I thought it worked right away. Am getting old but hopefully not that old yet. Lol.

Seems like I should be fine on FaceTime if my signal at Mom's place is good enough. It was last time home. I gotta believe something went wrong. But ATT CS not open atm. My wife never travels with iPad, so doing this twice a year for vacation is less expensive than the 10.00 per month for us. May not even do it on all trips home.

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I always seem to get good connectivity with my ATT LTE connection and my iPad Air. Very happy I have it too. There are always places I end up not wanting to use the free wifi or there just isn't any to use.

I also like how the 1GB plan doesn't auto renew and will NOT go into overage charges of you use it up. I've never got close to using it all but they won't let you go over which is great.

You should be fine. :)

5. rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

Thanks for the replies guys. I will just repurchase the plan for the trip. Let you know how it goes.

6. rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

Ok got it set up. Must not have seen it thru last time. Same signal strength as my iPhone.

Will see how FaceTime works on vacation--:):)

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Great! You should be fine. Enjoy the vacation. :)

8. rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

Thanks and hopefully my Mother-in-Law will enjoy talking to my son and his wife on Facetime--:):)

9. rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

I am also hoping my wife enjoys the cellular and finally starts thinking about an iPhone. My one son has a 5 or 5s, not sure, that he will give her. He and wife got 6's.

She just has an old LG clamshell.

10. rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

Thanks for all the advice. Trip went well and plenty of data speed at house. Everyone happy. :)