ATT Iphone Data Plan Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pcuz, Oct 20, 2011.

1. pcuz macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I have got an ATT droid smartphone and I went and got an Iphone 4s yesterday from an Apple Store. Paid for the no commitment version as I wanted it unlocked due to travelling a lot.

To get my SIM card from my existing device I used the Noosey tool to convert my existing SIM card to a Micro SIM. When I put this into the device it works well but I get a message saying that I don’t have a data plan, voice and messaging works fine.

But when I put the card back into my existing device the data plan works.

So do I have to get a special data plan from ATT to make this work on the Iphone? And if I do and call them will they give me a hard time for converting my own Sim card?

Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think you will need to switch to iphone data.
    No, they wont care that you cut your sim, just call them or you can change it yourself online by logging into your account.

3. pcuz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. But I can still use the Iphone data plan on a different phone?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

You can, however back when I had a iphone 3G, I could swap my SIM into another device but every time I got a voicemail, I would get a random text message. I assume this was for the visual voicemail being delivered

6. pcuz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Guys! :D