Att iPhone to verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richxps, Feb 6, 2011.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Who here is going from att iPhone to verizon iPhone ? If so what's a good price to sell the att 32 gb?
    Also is the data fate on the verizon iPhone that much slower than att ? Is it very noticeable ?

Thanks

2. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Well, all those that went with AT&T just to have an iPhone when most of them knew AT&T had bad service in their area should be going with Verizon.

3. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I test drove a Droid x from Verizon for a week. I experience much slower data with Verizon and it was apparent to me from the start. I've been hearing how Verizon offers better and wanted to see myself cause if Verizon was better I would switch. We live in Philly and I'm a tractor trailer driver for the USPS so I travel all over Philly metro area, tri state area. I bought my iPhone with me and also the Droid x to compare. I would say that both carriers are equal EXCEPT for data upload/download speeds. Significant better speeds with AT&T. It might not matter to some but I love data.

4. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

I was able to sell my 32 GB at $500 on eBay. Some people are able to sell for more some for less, I would say that is average though. As for service, it's all about where you live and where you will use the phone.

5. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Same here. Using a Droid Incredible until my Verizon iPhone gets here. From my experience I have better coverage with Verizon, and data does not feel slow to me. Besides, I have a laptop and a desktop, and there's wifi everywhere. I'll take better coverage over hypothetical slower data any day. :D

6. racer1441 macrumors 68000

I have both ATT and verizon smart phones.

Verizon's data I much much much slower.

7. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

Well....yes it is a fact that at&t offers better speeds. However, since you are contemplating a move to Verizon it must be because at&t service is sub par for you where you live. Either you live in an area with spotty service where those high speeds come only if you are in the right spot, or you live in a city with over-saturation in which case the speeds drop dramatically even if you are on 3G with 5 bars.

If those are you issues then Verizon's slower speed will actually be much faster than what you get now with at&t, or you will have consistent, reliable service, even if a bit slower.

If you're in a great at&t coverage area then I don't see why you'd switch except for some kind of company discount.