Att Is Retarded

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adrian3300, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Adrian3300 macrumors member

I was at ATT yesterday ordering an additional iphone for my wife. I over heard a sales associate talking to a customer about the vu vs iphone. He said the thing about the iphone is that it only works on apple networks?? He said , "yup, they are pretty much the same, both touch screen". Then when I gave my email to the person helping me he had never heard of @me.com?? Are you kidding me?

2. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

What do you expect. ATT hires at minimum wages, thats why the reps only care about the commissions.

I was on Pay-as you go plan for my v1 iPhone, and was told repeatedly that they would be able to transfer my number to post paid.. but at the time of actually implementing it, they can't do it.. quote "We can transfer numbers from other carriers but can't do between our own" which is pretty sad..

3. sananda macrumors 68020

it's part of an add on service for one of the many phones they sell and it's only been out a week; i don't find it surprising at all that a shop assistant hasn't heard of it.

4. illutionz macrumors 65816

Not really an add on... MobileMe is basically .Mac rebranded and .Mac has been around for quite some time

5. sananda macrumors 68020

first, the only reason an at&t sales person is likely to have knowledge about mobileme is because it is perfectly clearly being sold as a supplementary service to iphone (which is why the emphasis is on push services). second, the @me.com email address has clearly been out just over a week.

6. Adrian3300 thread starter macrumors member

what about the vu and iphone being basically the same, and that iphone only works on apple networks. I think both of those statements are ludicrous

7. sananda macrumors 68020

yup!

8. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Lol. They should've said "Well those Apple networks are much better than AT&T so give me an iPhone"