Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brazzy

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2011
Because its my carrier of choice, it lets me port all my numbers, and iPhone is not the only phone I need?

i also use att, but preordered through apple. i just wasn't sure what advantage there would be to going through them. but i guess if you're ordering more than just the iphone, that makes sense. :D

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
i also use att, but preordered through apple. i just wasn't sure what advantage there would be to going through them. but i guess if you're ordering more than just the iphone, that makes sense. :D

I tried ordering through Apple, but it wouldn't let me add it to my cart. It apparently didn't like wanting to port and kept directing me to an Apple Store. For testing purposes I started an order for a Verizon upgrade of my existing line, and the cart worked. I gave up trying to figure it out and went to AT&T.com.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
When I saw AT&T was making me drop and then add the unlimited plan, it was obvious what they were doing.

It took me a few minutes to go thru all the choices and double check a few things before I went forward. I bet many didn't

AT&T want everyone off unlimited now.

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
To be honest I thought AT&T's checkout was much faster and easier. I just didn't like how they didn't offer Applecare+.

BiscuitsNGravy

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2011
It gave me the option of "Unlimited Data for iPhone 4s".

Called and confirmed that I still have unlimited data.

Line 1 (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)
Device Apple iPhone 4S - 16 GB - White $199.99
Features Data Unlimited for iPhone 4S $30.00
Line 2 (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)
Device Apple iPhone 4S - 16 GB - White $199.99
Features Data Unlimited for iPhone 4S $30.00

Jordan9

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2011
Texas
why would anyone want to preorder through ATT anyway?

I preordered through ATT.com because it was the only one that let me get all the way through to checkout. I did it as soon as it was available, so hopefully it shows up on Friday.

Tnnrx7

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2009
If you were on the unlimited plan with AT&T, and an error caused the move to one of the tiered plans, you can call customer service to get it back.

AT&T is not trying to screw anyone out of their grandfathered plans. Retail stores do this ALL the time where they will throw a 2GB plan on to try and increase their sales.

It's as simple as customer care viewing your account, seeing you had unlimited grandfathered and was removed during the upgrade process which is a valid argument of agent error and you will get you're unlimited back. Just don't wait too long to call them out on the mistake and you will get taken care of.

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Tried originally ordering through Apple, but it wouldn't reflect my change in address for AT&T (I changed the billing address to my shipping address).

I then just went through AT&T (8-9 hours later in the day though, bleh) and it went fairly smoothly. It worked out too since I realized I was a Premiere customer. It kept the discounts and whatnot in order, none of which were mentioned on Apple's site.

Unfortunately, Premiere hit me with a security check on my order (the Attention! status), which slowed my order process. So I guess it wasn't technically completed until today. Premiere still reflects my order on 10/7 though (of which was placed before 5:30PM EST), so hopefully I'll still get it Friday =\

*Also still have unlimited plan!

Tnnrx7

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2009
Tried originally ordering through Apple, but it wouldn't reflect my change in address for AT&T (I changed the billing address to my shipping address).

I then just went through AT&T (8-9 hours later in the day though, bleh) and it went fairly smoothly. It worked out too since I realized I was a Premiere customer. It kept the discounts and whatnot in order, none of which were mentioned on Apple's site.

Unfortunately, Premiere hit me with a security check on my order (the Attention! status), which slowed my order process. So I guess it wasn't technically completed until today. Premiere still reflects my order on 10/7 though (of which was placed before 5:30PM EST), so hopefully I'll still get it Friday =\

*Also still have unlimited plan!

IF you completed your preorder prior to 5:30PM EST, your spot is still there. Anything past that you are officially looking at a 14-21 day delay.

grovertdog

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2006
IF you completed your preorder prior to 5:30PM EST, your spot is still there. Anything past that you are officially looking at a 14-21 day delay.

No, that is officially not exactly true. According to the Applestore, if you order today, it SHIPS in one to two weeks, and more often than not, Apple is conservative with such estimates.

Tnnrx7

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2009
No, that is officially not exactly true. According to the Applestore, if you order today, it SHIPS in one to two weeks, and more often than not, Apple is conservative with such estimates.

I'm referring to preorders made through AT&T

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.