Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
I ordered my White Iphone 3gs on the 14th at 8 pm online, and received an email saying it would arrive 7-14 days later ( instead of the 19th ). Well my phone just got shipped today, and am receiving it tomorrow!

Inksworth

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
I ordered my White Iphone 3gs on the 14th at 8 pm online, and received an email saying it would arrive 7-14 days later ( instead of the 19th ). Well my phone just got shipped today, and am receiving it tomorrow!

Lying is usually a bad thing. This is not. This is "SURPRISE! With love, AT&T." to you.

I'm not fairing so well though, I ordered mine in-store on the 14th some time in the afternoon. No such luck for me. :p

RickyD53

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Union City, CA
daaamn, your hella lucky. i ordered the 14th in the morning at my local ATT store and my status is still stuck at "In Progress." But that could mean anything because people that ordered theirs the 11th or earlier has the same status.

Boiler

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2009
In Progress

daaamn, your hella lucky. i ordered the 14th in the morning at my local ATT store and my status is still stuck at "In Progress." But that could mean anything because people that ordered theirs the 11th or earlier has the same status.

I also ordered early on Sunday, June 14th, multiple iphone 3GSs and all are still in progress.

soopamac

macrumors member
May 12, 2009

did you sign up as a new customer? or are you doing an upgrade? i read in one of the threads that att is processing new customers first with overnight shipping, while those upgrading are left with 2day shipping.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008

too bad they cant lie like this all the time:rolleyes:

dohspc

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2008
Plano, TX
AT&T was just trying to cover their A and manage expectations. They may have gotten a larger shipment from Apple then expected and were able to fulfill more orders. I'm glad because I ordered mine on the 13th at 4:38am and it's set for delivery tomorrow. I guess people would have called them liars if they said it was to ship by the 18th even if you ordered on the 17th and then couldn't commit to that. Sigh :p

RickyD53

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Union City, CA
did you sign up as a new customer? or are you doing an upgrade? i read in one of the threads that att is processing new customers first with overnight shipping, while those upgrading are left with 2day shipping.

i am a new customer but im adding a line to my sisters account she already has. but im also porting my number but the rep said they'll do that when i come to pick it up. daamn hopefully they did get a larger stock of them and i can get it 2moro or saturday. whats the chances that i get mine 2moro?

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
nice...I opted out of pre-order because of this issue(I thought they'd say "coming in a while" after launch....we'll see if the gamble paid off!

RickyD53

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Union City, CA
So anyone know the chances that i get my iphone 2moro? Do you think i should just stop by my local ATT store just to check in on things? my dentist is next door and i got an appointment soooo is it a good idea?

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
WOOT go AT&T i just got my tracking number and I ordered on the 16th:D:

Bad Fed Ex. their website says it won't be delivered until the 22nd that's with overnight delivery:mad::mad::mad:

If the iPhone left TN, at 0300hrs, you would think it could make it to the Ohio River by 1600hrs. I know I could.

maryannee

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2009
I ordered a white 32 on June 15th via AT&T online to home. I did this through the Microsoft CashBack. It was a phone update so don't know if the cash back will work or not but its worth a try.

On Schedule

Initiated Picked up In transit Delivered
Departed FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN
Shipment Dates
Ship date Jun 18, 2009
Estimated delivery Jun 19, 2009 by 3:00 PM
Destination
COLUMBIA, MO
Shipment Facts Help
Service type Standard Overnight
Weight 2.0 lbs/0.9 kg

Shipment Travel History Help Select time zone: Select time format: 12H | 24H

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location Date/Time Activity Location DetailsJun 19, 2009 3:55 AM
Departed FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TNJun 19, 2009 1:00 AMArrived at FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TNJun 19, 2009 12:41 AMLeft FedEx origin facilityMEMPHIS, TNJun 19, 2009 12:13 AMShipment information sent to FedExJun 18, 2009 10:57 PMPicked upMEMPHIS, TN

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
Mine is in Columbus according to Fedex.com, still has a date of the 22nd. The iPhone is only an hour from my house, so it better get here today.

GreggM3

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
Atlanta
mine still shows shipped on the ATT site but no tracking number yet!! My buddy works for one of AT&T's logistics companies and he said my order was coming out of Memphis and should arrive today. I want my tracking number though!!!

machacker

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2008
Yeah well ordering early doesn't do much with the idiots at ATT.

I ordered on the 10th. And I got there in line today and they informed me that they didn't have mine. So I got up early for their "Guarantee" and got jack **** for it.

Go ATT.

Go DIE.

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
Yeah well ordering early doesn't do much with the idiots at ATT.

I ordered on the 10th. And I got there in line today and they informed me that they didn't have mine. So I got up early for their "Guarantee" and got jack **** for it.

Go ATT.

Go DIE.

Did they send you an e-mail saying it was at the store?

chdwil

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
I ordered on the 14 th. It has not shipped yet. I went to AT&T this morning and the manGer said I can get one now and cancel the order when it arrives. So now I have a 3gs 32g before my order was even shipped. Best part is I was third in line at AT&T and was out the door by 7:20. I did not get there till 6:20.

p09n15i93

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2008
I ordered in-store on the 13th. It was delivered to my local at&t store yesterday and I have yet received a call or email telling me that it's ready to be picked up.

geoffreak

macrumors 68020
Feb 8, 2008
I ordered mine from Apple a couple days ago. Doesn't look like I'll be getting it anytime soon seeing as people who ordered days before me haven't even had theirs shipped out.
Apple's site does say that I could get it between tomorrow and a week from today. I wonder if that will hold true.

EDIT: right after I posted this, another check to my order revealed that the new expected delivery date was between Jun 22-26 instead of Jun 20-26. Interesting...

RickyD53

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Union City, CA
Hmm, well my order status still says "In Progress," so i think Im going to have a look at my local ATT store right now before my appointment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.