ATT Microcell

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by natasha69, Jun 8, 2009.

1. natasha69 macrumors 6502

Any word on when this will be released? You'd figure ATT would want to offer something good to its customers?

2. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

So let me get this right...

ATT, by offering a microcell for my home or small business for a monthly fee or 1-time cost because there scatologically-poor network in my area, a major metropolitan area, just doesn't cover it, so to speak, nor is 3G really 3G in this same area is GOOD news to customers? Really? Really? :mad:

3. Masquerade macrumors 6502a

Masquerade

when a cell gets too users on it, the cell is split in n microcells. is something that att must assure if they perceive that such cell is getting overloaded

4. iWork macrumors member

Testing is ongoing in various parts of Georgia.

AT&T has apparently run into various issues. The AT&T 3G MicroCell will likely launch in October-December time frame.

5. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

Microcell Beta Tester

So I just got an email from AT&T marketing about 2 weeks ago asking me about my service, connectivity, if I'm techno savvy, etc. So I replied. A few days later, I got another email asking me if I'd be willing to be a beta tester for their new 3G Microcell. Um, hell yea! In my apartment here in Atlanta, I get barely to no signal at all. With the new 3.0 iPhone software, it seems to help a little. If I have 1 to 2 bars in the apartment, I'm lucky.

So just the other day, I get a call asking if I do want to be a beta tester. Of course!

Here's the deal:
    1. They send the microcell in the beginning of July.
    2. I do set up and complete a survey.
    3. Use it thru August.
    4. When test is complete, do another survey.
    5. Get a check for $100 to complete
    6. Get to keep the microcell

Let me just say, I cannot wait. Seriously, the signal sucks here in Atlanta.

6. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

i live in an area that should be getting great service being within 4 rather large cities, but i slip thru the inevitable cracks, getting usually 2 bars of edge in my area, I wish I could beta test a microcell

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes. You've just given all the reasons it is a good idea.

8. frankly macrumors 6502a

frankly

I've had mine for about a month and I love it. 5 bars in my entire house and out in the yard.