Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the.sheepdog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
Central FL
I just upgraded to the iP4 white from a 3GS last week. So I get this email telling me about ATT's Mobile Direct insurance for the iPhone. It pays for all the things you would think you lose out on like broken backplates, broken front glass, water damage, theft, lost like that.

BUT they want like $11.95 a month dues and it has a $199 deductible!

Now I got mine free, but isn't it like $199 to buy a replacement anyway? Am I missing something?

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I just upgraded to the iP4 white from a 3GS last week. So I get this email telling me about ATT's Mobile Direct insurance for the iPhone. It pays for all the things you would think you lose out on like broken backplates, broken front glass, water damage, theft, lost like that.

BUT they want like $11.95 a month dues and it has a $199 deductible!

Now I got mine free, but isn't it like $199 to buy a replacement anyway? Am I missing something?

That particular insurance covers theft and loss which may be beneficial to some more than others. Yes it's pretty much the upgrade price to replace the phone as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.