ATT NEXT and Apple in store pick up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ripper998, Sep 20, 2014.

1. ripper998 macrumors regular

I am a two year contract holder (only 7 months left) moving to ATT Next with this new phone. Apple.com wouldnt let me order and pickup in store when I selected ATT Next. I have a spare line I used for off cycle upgrades so I could upgrade every twelve months and its contract is up. I ordered the phone using that number so I can do a pick up in store, as I selected two year contract. When I get there, will I be able to switch it to my main line as a new Next phone, return the two year contract price and resale as a new next phone? Do I need to just take it to an ATT store, return it and have them do it? I was hoping to get rid of the extra line since they have the Next 12 and save some money.

2. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

i'm not sure i have the next plan already and wanted to order from apple to but it wouldn't let me it just said i got to do it at the att store but it don't say if i can't go to apple retail and just pay my upgrade fee? also tried calling the store today but somehow it end up connecting me to customer service?

3. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

AT&T Next and in store pickup does not work. Just do early upgrade if you want to order on Apple.com. Ordered mine that way and should be able to pick it up in the Apple store 9/20.

4. jamglodilo macrumors newbie

Are you saying doing early upgrade on att website? Then go back to apple website and order from them.

5. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

I did everything on Apple.com

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You can just go to apple.com. No need to go to AT&T. Apple.com connects with AT&T server when you enter your information.

7. Iphoneuser85080 macrumors newbie

Switched 2 year contract to AT&T next in store, ymmv.