ATT NEXT - How hard to trade in; Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bo15, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Bo15 macrumors 6502

So if I buy the iP6+ on the NEXT12 purchase plan vs the 2-yr contract pricing and in a year I want to get the new iP7. How hard is it to trade in under NEXT? Can you order the new phone online on day 1 of the new phone release? Can you do the phone trade with the Apple store? Apple.com?

I usually buy my phones on day 1 of the new phone thru the Apple store (own 2 with a 1-year stagger on upgrade dates) using the contract plan on Mobile share.

Thanks

2. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

If the phone is 100% paid off, you can order the 2015 iPhone through Apple.

If you still have a remaining balance on the phone, you can only order the 2015 iPhone through AT&T. You would then have 30 days to trade in your iPhone 6 Plus.

3. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I thought I'd seen in other threads that if you were paid up through at least 12 months that you could order it through Apple on a new Next plan and then turn in your old phone later? Is that not the case?

4. fs454 macrumors 65816

Is this true? AT&T users with on-contract launch date 5S devices cannot preorder and use NEXT through apple?

5. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

You can only order with AT&T if you plan to trade in your current Next phone.

You can purchase your iPhone 6 through Apple because you do not currently have an outstanding Next balance.

Next year, if you have not completely paid off your iPhone 6, you cannot order with Apple.

6. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

*14 days

7. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

Thanks. That is good to know.

8. Bo15 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, thanks. I think I will save money going to Next12 on our mobile share plan; sure like ordering thru Apple instead of AT&T based on issues on day 1 pre-order. I guess if phone is paid up you can order thru either site.