Att Next pay to upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reno55, Oct 12, 2017.

1. reno55 macrumors regular

I am on the ATT Next plan and one of my lines has an upgrade available but I have to pay about $100 to upgrade early.

Can I still pre order from Apple store with this scenario?

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Pay off the phone now on the AT&T site. No problem on the Apple site now. Otherwise you will just be wasting time when you order.

3. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

Yes, I just made my early upgrade payment this morning and I'm now eligible to upgrade via the Apple Store app using AT&T Next. It just tells me, of course, that I will need to trade my current phone in.

4. SBA macrumors member

How did you make your early payment? Was it through the at&t site, through their app, or in a store?

When I look to make the payment to become upgrade eligible, the at&t site wants me to select a phone first. Doesn't look like there's a way around it.

5. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

Through the AT&T app

6. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

You would most likely do better if you paid it off in full and sold the phone rather then paying the early payment and turning it in.

Example: My current early pay option is to pay $299.56 and turn in the phone or I could pay $449.36 and keep the phone. The current average sale price for my 128gb 7 on Swappa.com is $510.

7. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

Maybe in your case. In mine, no. I still owed $700+ because I just got a new 7 Plus three months ago when I switched to AT&T.