ATT no exchange email plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by goingblue, Apr 28, 2009.

1. goingblue macrumors member

Apr 15, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Forgive me if I have the wrong catagory or if this is common knowledge and I'm just clueless.

I colleage of mine was told today by an ATT store that she was not on a plan that offered, specifically, exchange email. She pay's $30 per month rather than $45 a month. She can get her contacts and calendar but no email...only for exchange?

Is this accurate?
  2. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

Aug 27, 2008
  3. goingblue thread starter macrumors member

Apr 15, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    3G. Also, at the ATT store they charged her a $20 restocking fee to exchange, under warranty, her bricked phone. It bricked when she did a restore from iTunes. She was told she would have to go to the Apple store to avoid the fee.
  4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Aug 10, 2008
  5. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Jul 19, 2008
    There is no exchange plan for the iPhone and there doesn't need to be. I have 12 users in my office using iPhones with an exchange server and all of them are on the $30/month data plan. The $45/month plan isn't needed for any phone that is exchange capable (they tell you otherwise but they are wrong, I have done it).

Something is obviously set up wrong on your friend's iPhone.
  6. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

Aug 3, 2008
    I am using the Microsoft Exchange with Google Calendars and I only have the $30 plan. So I don't think the $45 is needed.
  7. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2008
    Yep same. I use Google Sync to sync my Google Contacts and Calendar to my iPhone via Exchange with the $30/month plan. I heard that too in the Keynote last July or whenever but I must have misunderstood.
  8. micsaund macrumors 6502

May 31, 2004
    Colorado, USA
    A friend of mine, who got his 3G before I did, also gut suckered into that "you've got to pay an extra $15/mo for Exchange" con-job.

I got my phone with the normal $70/mo plan, and I am able to sync with work's Exchange just fine.

Maybe the $15/mo means that AT&T hosts Exchange for you or something? I wouldn't put it past them to just blatantly rip-off people for an extra $15/mo for absolutely nothing, but there is a shred of optomist inside me who wants to believe that you actually get something for that extra money if you do pay it. But what, I have no clue...