ATT Numbersync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pirarre, Apr 21, 2016.

1. pirarre macrumors 6502

I was wondering if someone can give me a definite answer about this.

Do AT&T Numversync work with the Apple Watch and IPhone 6s? I went to the AT&T store yesterday and the rep told me it doesn't work. However the AT&T website says otherwise.

So is or have anyone used the feature? If so, how's battery life been on the watch and the phone?

2. ecschwarz macrumors 6502a

ecschwarz

NumberSync supposedly does work over Wi-Fi with the Apple Watch, but there are a few caveats - it has to be on a known 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. The person in the store might have been thinking of the way that the Samsung smartwatches work - they have a cellular radio in them and their own phone number (and charge) on your account, so you could use them for calling even if you're away from Wi-Fi.

Further reading: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7379074?start=0&tstart=0

3. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

You should almost always trust the website over the rep.

I had a similar experience where Apple's website shows the Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and SIM-free iPhone SEs as all being the same model number, so any of those unlocked models should work fine on any of those other carriers. So when I tried to buy an AT&T model to use on Verizon, two of the reps told me it can't be done and wouldn't sell me the phone on the payment plan (the one Apple offers, not the carriers). Luckily for me, a third rep actually knew what she was talking about and confirmed it would work fine, which it did.

4. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Yes, NumberSync works on my Apple Watch, but it's only 2.4ghz networks I think.

Also, remember that NumberSync doesn't not support SMS/MMS. It's just calling.

An iPhone can SMS/MMS over WiFi.

5. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

i tried the sms with watch with iPhone turned off on t-mobile , and my watch couldn't send it, darn
    i noted that voice dictation now works . it didn't work before

6. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Yeah, calls can be made even with your phone off, but texts are sent to your phone through an Internet connection, and then the phone sends the text from there.