ATT phone transfer from brothers line to mine?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mike epp, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Mike epp macrumors newbie

im not sure if theres another spot to find this but i want to know. Is there anything special i would have to do for this phone that i preordered.. its on my brothers line, not mine. i didn't have an upgrade so i used his on AT&T, with his permission. is there anything i need to do, or just sign in the phone and start it as my actual phone? any help on this process would be great, thanks.

2. bking10 macrumors member

you either need to call ATT or go to a store. Better to go into the store in my opinion. the SIM is registered to the line you upgraded so activating it normally will deactivate his current SIM.

I did a cross upgrade too and it took the guy at the store 5 minutes. I didn't want to risk deactivating my mom's phone so i went in. but you could call ATT and accomplish the same thing. there is some mention that you could just switch sim cards but i am not sure. the ATT reps say no

3. Mike epp thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for that. I'm guessing no charge to do it? and i don't think id switch the sims! its finally preparing for shipment so should get it this week id think. ill head to ATT before i play with it than. thanks.