Att pick up/NEXt

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ame8199, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ame8199 macrumors 6502

Thinking about staying awake and trying to pre-order. I'll be going from ATT on contract to the Next program.

I really would like to pick up in store. If I reserve in store, do you I have to go through all the changes of my plan? or can I wait to do that in store when I pick it up?

I have a discount on my account and want to make sure it stays there.

I apologize if this question is asked elsewhere.

2. bryancee macrumors regular

I stopped by an ATT store tonight and they said if you preorder online, you can only get it shipped to you. You cant pick it up in store.

3. ame8199 thread starter macrumors 6502

O boo! That makes me sad. Guess I'll go to sleep early and hope they have some in stock next weekend...

Thank you for the reply!

4. bryancee macrumors regular

Give it a try though! Apple is doing in store pickup. I am not sure if you can do Next with it though. I am doing through Apple for ATT Next. I wouldn't give up though! Haha.

5. ame8199 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was looking for something that I can just "reserve" a phone without having to go through chaining my plan and doing the NEXT payment....but I don't think Im able to do that. I just want to put my name on a phone and deal with the logistics when I get to the store

6. iKatz macrumors member

Two days ago I paid off the last two months of my next plan, $74 ($37/month). But att is saying that I need to send the phone back so they can inspect it. How am I supposed to order a new phone then?? Anyone else having this issue?