ATT plans question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darthzilla, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Darthzilla macrumors member

Im already an ATT wireless subscriber. Im currently paying for the 79.99 plan. Now...If I get an iPhone i've read that I will need to pay the extar 20 for the data plan..which will bring me too about 100.00 bucks....but theres an iPhone plan for 79.99 WITH a data plan.

My question...if I get an iPhone, can i just activate it/sign up for the 79.99 iPhone plan, and not get screwed for the extra 20 ?

Thanks alot :)

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Yes while activating your phone from itunes you can choose to be a new user and choose the $79.99 option and port your current number.

3. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

4. Darthzilla thread starter macrumors member

That was a littel concern of mine....this is great news

5. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Your $80 a month plan probably comes with more minutes though. The iphone $80 plan is basicly the $60 900 minute plan with the $20 added on for unlimited data. I think the regular AT&T $80 a month plan comes with like 1200 min.

6. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Off Topic

ATT - the first cell company that I ever got spam SMS (Text) from and the only cell company that I ever had, that charged ME for incoming SMS.

It's like getting charged for all those forward emails your mom and grandma send you.

Just one of many reasons to unlock my iPhone.

7. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Well I have to say I have had AT&T for only 2 months but for me so far so good. Great reception (I'm in Las Vegas) no problem with the bill and coming from t-mobile I LOVE ROLLOVER. Also t-mobile had spotty reception in my home which was annoying.

8. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I agree..absolutely no issues with AT&T here. Great reception, customer service has been top notch and I also love the rollover minutes. I moved from Sprint.

9. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

i've never roamed since i got nationwide, never went over on minutes since i got rollover, and now the third piece to the puzzle.....i've never been over on data since getting the iphone. at&t is awesome. i would say how crappy their customer service is, but i haven't had to talk to them in 2 years since everything is plain as day online as well as itunes, and i don't get screwed on billing with my amazing $59 iphone plan. when i got my iphone all my friends would say "i can't believe that you would pay that much for a phone every month!" then when i told them how much it cost is was generally $20-30 cheaper then they pay per month not including text or internet. haha, i love it! they are so jealous.

10. strurtle macrumors member

If you're eligible for a phone upgrade, get it. Pick a free phone, then pick up the plan that is $59.99 a month.

Then get the iphone and choose the extra $20/month iphone data plan.

11. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Really, that's funny, considering ALL of the tier 1 US cell carriers charge for incoming SMS.

Anyway, way to hijack a thread. ;)

12. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Yes, every company charges for incoming texts