ATT Pre Order

mnikhil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2016
So I have a EST ship date of December.

Is att store going to get shipments on launch day?

If so can I cancel my pre order and just go in store and buy one?

Thanks in advance!

cleebrown93

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2015
I am sure AT&T stores will get some. But make sure it is a corporate AT&T. Not authorized retailer. And I am sure stock will be very limited. So plan on arriving the night before or earlier.

mnikhil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2016
Thanks!

I will make sure it is a corporate store!

Will I be able to cancel the pre order in-store if the phones are available?

I am using my eligibility to upgrade and I am pretty sure since I have pre ordered the phone my upgrade eligibility status is no longer available.

I don't want to cancel my pre order unless I have secured the phone.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Thanks!

I am using my eligibility to upgrade and I am pretty sure since I have pre ordered the phone my upgrade eligibility status is no longer available.

you most likely will not be able to unless you cancel first and your upgrade eligibility goes back. maybe for other less anticipated and high inventory phones but it seems either way, you'll have to gamble.

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Thanks!

As long as the order hasn't changed to "shipped" or any semblance of that, you can cancel the pre-order pretty easily, and the status for your upgrade eligibility would change back to what it was within a matter of minutes. So to answer your question, yes, you can cancel in the store as long as the order status isn't locked to a shipping status.