ATT Premier. Is there a delay in iPhone availability?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IlliniDude, May 25, 2010.

1. IlliniDude macrumors regular

In previous launches, has the Premier store had the new model available at the same time as Apple.com and ATT.com, or has there been a delay?

Trying to figure out the best way to get set up with my premier service and also get it in my hands the fastest.

Thanks!

2. cdp1276 macrumors member

cdp1276

They typically don't offer Premiere pricing on the Apple iPhones. Your FAN # should already be applied on your account so when you activate the new device/data plan it should apply your discount automatically.

I still have the 1st gen iPhone so have been unable to get my discount on my plan. Looking forward to getting that back when I have to move to the 3G data plans now.

3. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I signed up and preordered the iphone 3gs through the Premier service site. I think the preorder option was added to the site a day or two after the regular site, but it still came on release day just like everybody elses. I was signing up for new service.

4. wickywahwah macrumors regular

if i remember correctly, when the iPhone first came out, it was quite a while before it was in the premier store (maybe 1-2 months). i'm not sure what the gap was for the 3G and 3GS. i don't care that there is no discount for the iPhone, i'm just glad it is IN the premier store and i can get one and still take advantage of the discounted base and data plans. i hope the gap between availability in the stores is either very small or nonexistent if they do pre-orders.

5. itsjared macrumors regular

itsjared

How do i check my upgrade eligibilty with a Premiere account?

When I log into to consumer side of ATT wireless and click "check Upgrade Eleigibilty" it takes me to the Premier home page. Then I'm stuck. Even under manage account i can't do anything...

Any ideas?

6. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I have a Premier account and last year, I just upgraded through Apple and their order process. FAN discounts do not apply to the iPhone.

To check eligibility, you click the "Upgrade Eligibility" link, then select a section, such as "Smartphones," and then there should be light blue bars up at top of the phones that tell you your dates.

7. wickywahwah macrumors regular

i had that same thing jared and it confused me. i think i figured it out. basically, when it takes you to the store, if there's not a banner on the top of the page (when you start to browse through phones, i don't believe it shows up on the first page) that lists a future upgrade eligibility date, then you're eligible now. on my account i am eligible, so i can go ahead and add an iPhone and the plans and all that. i've done that a few times just to see if i could and stopped just short of checkout. i tested this on my brother-in-law's premiere account since he just bought a 3GS two months ago (impatient, he is) and when i click "check upgrade eligibility" in his account, there's an orange banner on the top of the store page stating that he is not eligible for upgrade pricing and it lists his 2011 upgrade eligibility date.

8. itsjared macrumors regular

itsjared

Thanks phunk. That sucks 11/20/2010... Is that pretty much the concensus? Except that I did have a bill for $150 after going to Europe... I thought that would bump my date sooner??

9. wickywahwah macrumors regular

are you talking about the discount for just the phone itself? the pricing for the iPhone is the same as the non-premier, but you can still save on the base plan and the data plan.

10. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Yes, just on the phone itself. I don't believe you can save on the iPhone data plan, but can save on the voice plan. Correct me if I am wrong.

11. wickywahwah macrumors regular

it may vary depending on which company you are getting the discount through. currently, mine allows 25% off the base plan and 25% off the iPhone data plan. right now i can configure a 3GS in the premier store with a $22.50 data plan. i swear at one time i saw an option for discounted texting as well, but as of right now it's not discounted, at least not for me.

12. IlliniDude thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, mine is 23% off voice and data, but not texts. For a family of 4 iphones the discount adds up!