ATT Premier - really upset

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mm1250, Sep 13, 2014.

1. mm1250 macrumors 6502

Being a Premier customer restricts me to ordering phones with ATT's premier website directly, cannot go through 3rd party stores like Apple, Walmart, best buy etc..

I wouldn't be upset if ATT handled it's Premier customers in a normal fashion but I think we get worst service than standard retail customers.

I stayed up till 2AM to order 2 iPhone 6 phones. Refreshing premier homepage an hour before to make sure I was 1st to grab it. By the time I got into the site and order complete it was about 40mins. Initial email had 9/19 but order status next day on 1 phone says 10/13 to 10/31 and the 2nd Phone is still pending conformation. These are the 4.7 models (not the + version).

When I talked with Premier support today they weren't helpful and couldn't even pull the order up for the phone still in Pending confirmation status. In the meantime Apple was still adverting 9/19 delivery dates and I could not take advantage.

This is "Premier" service with aTT. Make your customer stay up till 3AM in the morning only to screw them over.

I ended up ordering a Unlocked Tmobile phone from Apple ($650). It should arrive 7-10days, if not one of them will get returned but I hate to resort to this ordering multiple places and returning one.

2. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Huh? I've been a Premier customer for probably 10 years and never had a problem ordering from Apple or anyone else. Are you IRU (pay your own bill) or does company pay for it? If company pays for it that's another story.

3. mm1250 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's a Corporate account with a FAN. My company pays for it.

4. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

If the company pays for it, it's a whole other story.

Dude, you are complaining about your free iPhone?

6. mm1250 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you pay the bill personally or is your company paying your monthly bill?

I dont understand. I tried to order the iPhone on Apple's website, it ask for the SS# but because it's a biz account, i put the tax ID and it states my account type isn't supported and to contact carrier to order.

I've had this issue since the iPhone 1st came out.

7. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I have a FAN account. Always buy phones through Apple. Tried to order one through AT&T last night when it said "Delivers 9/19" Not until I was done did they change it to "ships in 21-18 business days." Tried to cancel it and they said I had to call Premier support on Monday. This morning I called regular support and they cancelled it. Not happy with Premier, but at least for my account, I am under no obligation to use their sales. Now for my coworkers with company issued phones it's a different story. But as for a regular consumer with a FAN account, I don't see that we need to order through AT&T.

8. mantan macrumors 68000

The biggest problem I've seen with the Premier account is the shipping information is often inaccurate.

For the last two phones I've upgraded information wasn't updated or incorrect until a couple of days before release...then my phone arrived on launch day like everyone else.

Some of it is self induced....some of it is people losing their minds during an iPhone launch.

9. RByers8252 macrumors regular

I have a Premier account, only issue I had was canceling my order to order from Apple. Had to call them today to cancel the order which took about a 15 minute wait.

10. accountforit macrumors 6502a

All these threads and complaints about ATT and you guys stay there. What is wrong with you?

There are other service providers and ATT offers nothing special anymore. They are not cheaper, they don't solely offer the iPhone, and their service isn't better.

11. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

23% discount, best coverage in my area, and additional lines with unlimited talk for $15/mo.

Ummmm, no.

12. rodalpho macrumors member

rodalpho

Unlimited data, dude. They cut that off and I'm out.

13. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

I pay my own.

14. mantan macrumors 68000

The thread is about Premier accounts which are usually based on a company phone and sometimes a company discount. In those cases you're tied into AT&T because that's who your company uses.

15. Dallious macrumors member

I tried to place a order with apple and said couldn't because

Your account is not eligible.
    Your account is in a market not supported for upgrades.

had this message all night and after a call to apple after 2 hours on the phone they said it was because of fan discount, I pay my own bill and never had a problem with an order thru apple, they said it was something apple put in place on premier accounts with fan discount, so had to go thru att which was really a joke and still not a confirmed order yet. on apple site it said I was eligible for upgrade but when you push the submit order is when it came up with market not supported

16. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

17. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

I have an att FAN account and have ordered through Apple and through ATT before. Strange that some work and some do not. I'd be frustrated too!

18. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

OP has no choice. His phone is company issued. I'm actually surprised the company lets him order his own phone. Ours just get issued out by the company. You just take whatever phone they gave you (so far, they've all been Samsung Galaxy flagships).

I've got FAN discount, too, but I'm an Individual Responsibility User (IRU) and I had no problems ordering from Apple Store (well, aside from the issues that plagued everyone else when they opened pre-orders).

19. mm1250 thread starter macrumors 6502

So when you order from the Apple store, and it ask for your mobile phone and social security, you put your SS#? If it's a corporate account there is no SS# so i'm unsure how how this works.

20. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Again, I'm an individual responsibility user (IRU) so the account is under my name (well, my mom's actually) so I use SS# (just last 4 digits, really). If yours is under your company's name, then I think you do have to go through AT&T.

21. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Check your order status now. A lot of orders were moved up to earlier dates.