Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davisappface

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I ordered on Friday roughly about 930am est and received my confirmation email stating that my order # plus it said A Iphone has been reserved for you and to expect the device on 10/14/2011. I also was charged 199.99 for the 16gb black 4s. Now when I check on the regular att order status the order date says the 8th but my confirmation email clearly states I ordered on the 7th. Should I expect a delay in my shipping?

Last edited:

fujigonewild006

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2011
Yea, I am also worried about this. I definitely ordered on the 7th, but my order status says that I ordered on the 8th. Why does Premier always screw everything up?

phina

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
I ordered on Friday roughly about 930am est and received my confirmation email stating that my order # plus it said A Iphone has been reserved for you and to expect the device on 10/16/2011. I also was charged 199.99 for the 16gb black 4s. Now when I check on the regular att order status the order date says the 8th but my confirmation email clearly states I ordered on the 7th. Should I expect a delay in my shipping?

I had the same thing, I ordered at 630am EST and my order date on the normal att sight says the 8th. However when I check the order status through the premier site it says the 7th. I'm hoping we should be ok.

Davisappface

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Yeah my order status on premier says the 7th and probably like everyone else who ordered from premier has the first two boxes checked. I hope it arrives Friday but something tells me there was a glitch that left Premier orders in limbo for a day....Lets hope not!!

Davisappface

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Always ordered from Premier and I understand this is a preorder and my first time preordering a device but you think that a company like ATT would have this process owned by now. ATT since 2004 and always been treated well when I have a problem.

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
Im premier as well.

I was told I wouldn't be charged until the "item" shipped.

ibuyufo

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
Im premier as well.

I was told I wouldn't be charged until the "item" shipped.

You actually managed to talk to a real person from the premier department? I've been trying to call them since Friday to fix my wife's unlimited data plan and all I kept getting that there were technical difficulties and it automatically hung up.

Davisappface

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Do you show at least a hold on your card? I do actually its a charge of 199.99 10/08 AT&T K008 9969 BETHLEHEM PA if it was a hold it would show as a Hold but its a charge.

hellomms

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2011
NYC
Premier as well. My AMEX shows as Pending. Called Amex and they said its an pre-approval, which Amex approved, and will show up as a charge within next 48 hours.

1zach4

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2011
You actually managed to talk to a real person from the premier department? I've been trying to call them since Friday to fix my wife's unlimited data plan and all I kept getting that there were technical difficulties and it automatically hung up.

Are you calling from an iPhone?

I know it's a conspiracy theory, but while I was trying to call Premier CS on Friday, I would repeatedly sit on hold for 30-45min at a time and then get hung up on while calling with my BB....I had to call them 4 different times, and each time I would call with my BB and then call with my wife's 3GS a minute or so later so I had 2 chances to get through.

Every single time, BB on hold for 45min and then hang up, iPhone was answered within 5min each time (even though it was dialed after the BB)

and my card was charged the full amount for both phones already

Davisappface

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Hellomms when did you order? I have no use for the customer service as they have been telling people all sorts of things. Im just curious on how Premier customers are being treated because my understanding is that a Premier order and ATT regular order are different thats why you have different dates on both order status updates and there was actually a brief period of time on Saturday that my order was not even searchable on Premier or the regular website but they were on Friday. Weird!!

ibuyufo

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
I called with my iphone 3gs to the regular customer service and got through. Then she tried to connect me with premier because she couldn't see my order. Premier would not connect. Then she gave me the direct number so I tried that with the iphone. Said expected wait time was 20 minutes. About 5 minutes into the call it would hang up. I tried two more times and then used my work's phone to do the call which ended up getting hung up as well. I will use my blue tooth headset tomorrow cause I am tired of holding the phone to my ear. I still can't believe AT&T having gone this route for 4 years now can't get a handle on the web traffic and the call volume.

Are you calling from an iPhone?

I know it's a conspiracy theory, but while I was trying to call Premier CS on Friday, I would repeatedly sit on hold for 30-45min at a time and then get hung up on while calling with my BB....I had to call them 4 different times, and each time I would call with my BB and then call with my wife's 3GS a minute or so later so I had 2 chances to get through.

Every single time, BB on hold for 45min and then hang up, iPhone was answered within 5min each time (even though it was dialed after the BB)

and my card was charged the full amount for both phones already

EvoNiner1986

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
I ordered on Friday roughly about 930am est and received my confirmation email stating that my order # plus it said A Iphone has been reserved for you and to expect the device on 10/14/2011. I also was charged 199.99 for the 16gb black 4s. Now when I check on the regular att order status the order date says the 8th but my confirmation email clearly states I ordered on the 7th. Should I expect a delay in my shipping?

I wouldn't worry about this much at all as mine said the 8th as well, even though I ordered very early in the morning on Friday!

As a matter of fact I just got an email from AT&T stating my order was sent to the warehouse for shipment. My credit card was charged the full amount yesterday. You will get it by the 14th, trust me :)

Davisappface

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Yeah that would be great! I got the charge yesterday for the full amount and the initial email saying it would arrive on the 14th but I didn't get the email about shipping status....

BassetCase

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
I ordered 2 phones a little before 5:00am EST. I just checked and the ATT Wireless site says I ordered the 7th and the Premier site also says the 7th for me. I think as long as it says the 7th on the Premier site you should be fine. I hope we get confirmation emails about shipping in the next couple of days so we are sure when our phones will arrive. I wish I could have ordered on Apple.com but it was giving me issues so I used AT&T.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I spoke to one on Friday as my order said attention.
They said its normal when they dont yet have the product in the warehouse.
People have said they are seeing their ATT orders going to shipping so I am not sure why mine has not (ordered 530 AM Friday).

Davisappface

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
UPDATE

On the regular ATT website order status (the one were you enter your wireless number without logging in) I have moved from a 1 in the backordered column to a 0 which is a positive sign. I ordered from the Premier website on 10/7 at 1000 am and got an email seconds later stating my device will be delivered on the 14th. This is a recent update since I checked my status around 130 this afternoon....

----------

5 minutes later the other status (the one were you log on to your account then check your status) moved from a backorder to processing (your item has been sent to fullfilment center for shipping) so this is definitely a good sign for the premier orders.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
On the premier site I moved from attention to "Pre-Order".

I suspect that some attention indications were nothing at all except a lack of product.

withasigh

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
I ordered two 16GB phones, one white, one black at 7:30am EDT Friday via the Premier store. I received email confirmations for both orders immediately. The emails told me to expect the phones to arrive on October 14th. If I log into the Premier store order status thing linked in the email it says that the date ordered was 10/7 and the Received and Pre-Order boxes are both checked. This is the same for both phones.

However, if I log in to the regular att.com "My Orders" under shipping status, it shows the white phone as "BackOrdered," while the black phone is "Processing." For both it says the order date was 10/8.

I'm going to just keep my fingers crossed that this will all resolve itself.

Edit: And there is a hold on my card for the charge for both phones.

Last edited:

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
For premier orders the date on the regular site is the last status change date.

For all,wait until at least later tomorrow before you believe there is an issue.

This was the crazy process when the 4 came out.

Davisappface

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
UPDATE

Today checked my status on the regular att site and to my pleasant surprise my phone has shippped and tracking # from fed ex is there. Cant wait:D

withasigh

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
shipped

Att.com status shows that it has shipped, fedex number also not active yet. I have not received a shipping notification email. Premier status page does not show it as shipped yet. Oddly, I ordered two phones and they are separate orders. One is still backordered and has not shipped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.