Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dk43086

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Arkansas
So i just preordered via att site with a 2 year upgrade but its showing shipping date of oct 16 - 23 and a $25.50 monthly fee???

jasongoglio

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
So i just preordered via att site with a 2 year upgrade but its showing shipping date of oct 16 - 23 and a $25.50 monthly fee???
I have that same ship date. Just checked the same phone (64 gold) on Apple's site and it says delivering on launch day still. I better get it on launch day...

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
Yeah, I was going to order one for my wife on the 2 year plan but noticed the monthly fee. Completely like ATT to sneak this in when everyone is anxious for their new phone. Check twitter, people are pissed. ATT is basically saying return the phone within 14 days if you don't like it.

Oh wait. I think the odd formatting is getting people confused. That's just your current data charge. Not an additional phone monthly charge. Great, all that fuss caused me to slip to October.

Last edited:

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Ditto at 3:06 AM. Shipping date range same, 10/16 - 10/23. Feels like a punishment for not being on Next plan. Ordered last 3 launches from Apple and arrival was on launch day. However, when I went into the ATT store yesterday to tweak my account and discuss cross-line upgrading with a rep, he said that delivery would likely be launch date regardless of estimate at time of order. I'm choosing to believe him until I see otherwise

I'm not seeing any monthly fee. There was an option offered for insurance that charged a monthly fee for single or multiple devices but I passed on that. Figured I'd get the usual Apple Care within the first 30 days window.

jasongoglio

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
Yeah, I was going to order one for my wife on the 2 year plan but noticed the monthly fee. Completely like ATT to sneak this in when everyone is anxious for their new phone. Check twitter, people are pissed. ATT is basically saying return the phone within 14 days if you don't like it.
The only monthly charge I have is the data plan. I had to back out a few times because even though I selected 2 year contract, it was coming up on the overview page as the NEXT plan... Took about 10 extra minutes for it to finally register as the 2 year contract.

jasongoglio

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
Ditto at 3:06 AM. Shipping date range same, 10/16 - 10/23. Feels like a punishment for not being on Next plan. Ordered last 3 launches from Apple and arrival was on launch day. However, when I went into the ATT store yesterday to tweak my account and discuss cross-line upgrading with a rep, he said that delivery would likely be launch date regardless of estimate at time of order. I'm choosing to believe him until I see otherwise.
If Apple is still quoting launch day as the estimated ship date, we'll have no problem getting them on launch day.

Juansito

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I don't even see how people got an earlier ship date. I ordered at 2:50AM EST which is 10 mins before launch and got the ship date of October 16, 2015 - October 16, 2015.

Makes no sense smh

Reactions: dave420

Dk43086

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Arkansas
So i'm not the only one that noticed that they are charging ADDITIONAL $25.50 A MONTH! Not a one time fee on top of the activation fee but every month after?!
The only monthly charge I have is the data plan. I had to back out a few times because even though I selected 2 year contract, it was coming up on the overview page as the NEXT plan... Took about 10 extra minutes for it to finally register as the 2 year contract.
Mine states additional $25.50 a month... if thats true I'm canceling... double checking this tomorrow...

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Ordered 3:00. October 16-23. Actually checked it at about 2:50 and then tried other models. They were all the same! What a load of baloney. :(

Last edited:

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
So i'm not the only one that noticed that they are charging ADDITIONAL $25.50 A MONTH! Not a one time fee on top of the activation fee but every month after?!

Mine states additional $25.50 a month... if thats true I'm canceling... double checking this tomorrow...

Hey, check my post. It was just odd formatting. It is just referring to your current data plan. Not an additional phone charge.

Reactions: Dk43086

Hynhulagir

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
Wisconsin
I don't even see how people got an earlier ship date. I ordered at 2:50AM EST which is 10 mins before launch and got the ship date of October 16, 2015 - October 16, 2015.

Makes no sense smh
I believe the earlier ship dates through ATT were 6s and Oct ship dates were 6s+. However, apple was showing Sep 25 for the plus too so hopefully it's just ATT covering their butts and we get them on launch day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.