ATT preorder - No Address Change...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adeloren, Jun 15, 2010.

1. adeloren macrumors member

I got through on ATT website but couldnt elect to ship it to a difference address other then my billing address. I want to send it to my work cause ill be there all day thursday. Lame.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Strange, must depend on what type of account it is. I am a business premier account or some BS and was able to use any shipping addy except for P.O or international.

3. og1 macrumors regular

Same here. I shipped to work instead of billing address.

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I posted this in another thread but relevant here

I just got off the phone with an AT&T customer service rep (Premiere Business acct) and they said it's not a problem. When THEY take orders the addresses have to match, when you place an order online it does not (for Premiere accounts at least). Two different systems.

5. adeloren thread starter macrumors member

I dont have a business premiere account, mine is just a personal account. Seemed like i would have to change my billing address to get it shipped to my work. I cant get through to preorder on apple, anyone know if you can type the address in through apple pre orders?

6. TB5918 macrumors newbie

I got my order in via the AT&T site yesterday at around 5am. If I had known I couldn't change my shipping address through them, I would've ordered via Apple's site. My coworkers who preordered the new iPhone on the Apple site have been able to update their shipping to have the phone sent to work. I really wish AT&T would allow for the same thing. I know it's a bit silly to complain about this, but it is a bit frustrating to have to wait another day or two to get the phone after dealing with the ordering shenanigans.

7. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Apple is the same way, they have to ship to the AT&T billing address.

To fix this I just went to AT&T's website and changed my billing address to where I need it delivered (was set to my parent's house from when I lived there, never changed it).

It's easy to change on the website under "My Profile". I'd imagine after you receive the iPhone you can change it back with no problems.

8. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

This is precisely what I did.

9. nszzya macrumors member

I did this as well as I'll be out of state on the 24th. As an unintended bonus (I think), I'm not having to pay CA sales tax on the unsubsidized price since it is being shipped to WA.

10. TB5918 macrumors newbie

Man, i shoulda thought of that before. Oh well.