ATT really chaps my ass

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wesk702, Jun 17, 2008.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

WTF is wrong with this company.

I honestly didn't mind my plan and price etc. But can't this company do anything with a little tact?

First they give us Free wifi at McD & Starbucks
    Then, they take it away
    Then, they give it back
    Then, they take it away again
    Then, they are expected to increase charges on our monthly but now there is news that we are being charged more for data but they are going to cripple our bandwidth usage?
    Also, I know they are just min wage sales reps but could Att employees be more retarted regarding general information on their own products and not spew misinformation if they don't know?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

What do you mean by cripple our bandwidth usage?

3. Ryan.Fork macrumors member

I believe he's talking about the 5GB soft-limit (on an unlimited plan).

4. RADIOHEADfan macrumors newbie

RADIOHEADfan

Aren't they raising the monthly by $10 because the speeds/bandwidth is way better. Like my internet provider, i have to pay more for the faster connection, so i don't understand all the fuss.:confused:

5. seattle macrumors 6502

5 GB per month or other time frame?

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

The rumors that the bandwidth is capped at 1.4Mbps (which is still pretty good and most 3G users would be more than happy to get that, if it was all the time).

7. Ryan.Fork macrumors member

The iPhone data plan is going to cost more because they are raising the price to match the current data plan price for other PDAs. That rate went up because well, they wanted to make more money $$. It has a little bit to do with their expanded 3G coverage, but not everyone is able to reap the rewards of the faster 3G service because they only have EDGE available, hence why some people are angry.

8. saxamoophone macrumors regular

they aren't even "raising" it really...

If you want a 3G iphone, you have to pay the SAME price every other PDA and Smartphone pays.

If you have an 1st Gen / 2G iPhone already, then don't upgrade if you dont' like it.

9. Ryan.Fork macrumors member

My bad, I had the wrong aspect of the crippled in mind :p. But I believe it's 5GB per month (not that it really matters because not too many people can push 5GB on a smartphone, its more of a tethering thing).

10. Diveflo macrumors regular

hey we in Germany have on the smallest "unlimited" data plan a soft-limit of 300mb...

11. Ryan.Fork macrumors member

:eek: wow

12. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

13. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Their coverage sucks, too! If I had 100% coverage in my home city, I'd be happy... but it's more like a 50 / 50 split - pretty lame for a metropolitan area. Driving down the highway to work, I lose signal at least twice in the few miles on I-71 from Westerville to downtown Columbus. What the hell? What happened to "best coverage" of all wireless providers?

What a joke.

14. Diveflo macrumors regular

Here in Germany we get to use 300mb with the small, 1gig with the middle and 5gig with large 89euro (135-140 USD) contract, after that you get 64kbits download and 8kbits upload...

15. Mankin5344 macrumors member

I use that much in 10 days. Makes me happy I have 5gigs.

16. Diveflo macrumors regular

The best thing about this is: when you get a "normal" unlimited data plan you have a 10gig soft limit... what the ****

17. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I think a soft limit means if you cross it once or at some frequency they will send you a letter warning you not to maintain that level of use and probably at some point it gives them the right to bump you off the network or cancel your account. This protects them against abuse from spamming farms or other such characters taking all the bandwidth.

I am far from super informed on this. I believe this is the intent. It doesn't mean you will get charged or have any issues if you go over once or twice.

18. xymotic macrumors newbie

Dude, they changed their name from At&T to Cingular and back to AT&T! Spending MILLIONS of dollars each time and losing tens of thousands of customers to do it. I mean if you were running a how to F up your business 101 class that would be like extra credit.