Att really milking this!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acearchie, Jun 26, 2007.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

They are milking everyone! Sure you just got a new phone but why not come back to our store pay an extra $20 a month, and either $499 or $599!

We would like that very much!

2. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

So. I'm assuming you don't think thats a good idea, its better than them saying no, you have to pay a termination fee, and start a new contract...

3. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I think it is a good idea too. It isn't like they're forcing you to buy it, they're doing a favor for those who did just open a new line and are looking to buy the iPhone. No harm done.

4. ShellyFM macrumors regular

Is there any reason, then, why I shouldn't sign up with AT&T now and get a free phone? Then, I could buy the iPhone on the 29th as an existing customer?

5. janey macrumors 603

janey

because it's extra hassle maybe?

your choice though, but I don't see the point in getting a phone right now if you're gonna get an iPhone this friday.

6. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I did this same thing tonight. I couldn't get a free phone though, it cost $10. There is no reason you shouldn't do this other than that, though.

7. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I did it so if I'm going somewhere I don't want to take the iPhone (as in it might get banged up or whatever) I can switch the SIM and just take my free phone. Mind you it is still in speculation whether we can swap the SIMs. (or confusion, we'll say)

8. ShellyFM macrumors regular

What phone did you get?

I thought it might be nice to have a backup phone.

9. janey macrumors 603

janey

Ah yeah, I guess it would work for that situation. I don't think I have ever run into that situation before, nor do I think I will, so.