ATT Refurb 5S warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by qtrim, Dec 20, 2013.

1. qtrim macrumors regular

qtrim

AT&T has the 5S refurb 64gb, for $299. I couldnt see on their website what the warranty was. The general statement on their site says 90 days, with 14 days to return. I just wondered if Apple products were longer. Anyone know?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You should probably call AT&T. The "refurbished" phones may have the remainder of the Apple warranty. I doubt they're the same quality that you get with Apple refurbished products.

Personally, I'd spend the extra $100 and buy a new phone.

3. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

He could get it and then swap it out at the Apple store for an actual refurb:D

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I wouldn't bet on that, though. AT&T refurbs are NOT the same as Apple refurbs, and without Apple being explicit on it, they MAY decide that someone else opening up the iPhone and refurbishing it might void their warranty.

The fact that AT&T is offering their own 90 day warranty kinda speaks volumes.

In any case, I wouldn't trust an AT&T refurb. If I'm buying refurb, I'd buy from Apple directly.

To the OP: yes, Apple refurbs have longer warranties. They have a full 1-year warranty and are also eligible for AppleCare+ just like the new models.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

An AT&T refurb may not have a new screen, case and battery as with Apple refurbs.

6. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I had AT&T for about 10yrs before i left about 2yrs ago and went to Verizon(Just switched back to AT&T and much happier again)

Anyway...I had every iphone up until the 4s on AT&T. I had about 5-10 refurbished of each of the same model due to a loophole in AT&T's system which pretty much allowed for many multiple upgrades without extending your contract or resigning up :D ....Anyway, each refurb was pristine condition just like the Apple refurbs. They are good as new IMO