ATT refurbs be careful...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rxl125, Mar 29, 2008.

1. rxl125 macrumors regular

I bought one, and it was pretty used I think... Took it back to apple and they gave me a new one no questions asked... They said they have been having that happen with att refurbs..

Another interesting thing is my phone was still registered to the previous buyer... I have to call apple to get my warranty changed.

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

When you exchange your iPhone at Apple as you have done, you still get a refurb. The difference with Apple is, is that they replace the complete case, screen and all with a brand new case so that the iPhone looks brand new. It appears that AT&T refurbs are using the original casing and that they just repair the iPhone and sell it as refurb.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Did you buy online or stop-in at one of the AT&T Corporate Stores? :cool:

4. rxl125 thread starter macrumors regular

5. intoxicated662 macrumors regular

well, it's a risk you take and also take into consideration the price difference

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Not all the time.

I was having issues with my iPhone that i bought on June 29th, and i took it in and they gave me a new one. This was in like the 2nd week of January, and it was made the last week of December.

7. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

Im not sure many of you now this, but you can request to open it up and check it out BEFORE you buy it! I did this before I got mine 2 weeks ago!

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

9. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

the at&t refurb i bought (from a physical store in the northeast) is flawless - no scratches, wear, or any other signs it was ever used before. so, there is hope in getting a clean/unmarked one from at&t...

10. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I bought a refurb 8GB iPhone from my local AT&T store 2 weeks. I've been having many issues with the multitouch and it keeps freezing. Some of my keys on the keyboard are so hard to touch that I have to press very hard. I called Apple today and I'm either sending it in to service or going to the Apple Store.