ATT Rollover Min Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by surfer99, Jul 13, 2009.

1. surfer99 macrumors 6502

Quick question; if I change my plan with ATT to from 900 anytime min to 450 anytime min will my rollover min disappear? I thought I saw it somewhere that if you changed your plan to a lower rate plan they clear out your min but now I cant find that statement on the website.

Thanks,

2. samcraig macrumors P6

From what I was told when I asked the same question (but switching from single to family 450 --> 700) ATT said that I would lose my rollover minutes in excess of the 700. Meaning if I had more than 700, I would retain 700. If I had less, I'd keep whatever I had.

If I addeded a line - that had no affect on my rollover minutes.

3. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

You'll loose all of your rollover minutes up to 450 if you downgrade from a higher calling plan.

Example:

Say you have 2,500 rollover minutes with a 950 minute calling plan and you downgrade to 450 minute calling plan. You'll loose 2,050 rollover minutes leaving you with 450 rollover minutes.

4. yum114 macrumors member

yea I was going to do the same but I have like 6,000 rollover minutes. however many minutes your new plan will have will equal how many rollover minutes are saved

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

This is correct.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I actually upgraded and they took away all my rollover minutes (and we only upgraded because the rep said we were on an outdated plan). Supposedly, the rep was supposed to have told us that we were going to lose all our rollover minutes (about 3,000). We were able to get them back, but we had to complain.

7. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

You are correct by rule; however I just did the same thing last month and did NOT loose mine.

I had the 900/min with iPhone gen 1. Called ATT when I upgraded to the 3GS, and they told me I would loose them (I had 4700 RO). The guy on the phone at CS put a note on my account to add back in if they fell off. Additionally, to be safe, he added 4000 more so I have 8700 R/O now.

My new plan did take affect, and does indeed show that I have the 450/ min plan with the RO intact. Additionally, I got some feature codes with 200 bonus min etc.

So essentially what I am telling you is that if you squeek enough, you can indeed keep those RO min. ;)

8. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone for the info, I will see what I can do.

9. tivoboy macrumors 68030

call them

Call them, they can add minutes at will. I call once a year and have them add a couple 2000 minutes to my account every year.

10. Pared macrumors 65816

I didn't put up a fight at all. Was given the same warning while DOWNGRADING my plan and all 4500+ of my rollover mins. are still intact.

*dances*

11. SeanMcC macrumors regular

Had the 700 minute plan, went to 1,400 plans for a few months. Got about 2k rollover, and when we switched back to 700 minute plan the removed all rollover.

Makes sense.. You could just add a 4,000 minute plan and pay 3x for almost 6x minutes and use the rollover if they didn't do this.

12. arykmax macrumors regular

If you can get them to compensate you for the loss of minutes, make sure they do it after the price plan change and not before. The minutes don't get removed until after the rate plan changes so if you call today and set it up to change at the beginning of your next bill cycle, the extra RO will not be removed until that day. If they compensate you before the new plan goes into effect, all of those complimentary minutes will be removed as well so make sure they put them back on after the fact.