att seems clueless

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adrian3300, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Adrian3300 macrumors member

When I called att to do the credit check that their own website recommends they were clueless. After limping through this the att rep tried to tell me that att won't be selling iphones on July 11 because he "read that on the internet". He proceeded to argue with me until he went to att's website while we were talking and checked for himself, unbelievable !

2. islandtitan macrumors regular

islandtitan

Same here except

I went to a local AT&T store yesterday afternoon to "pre-qualify". The rep tells me that the qualification is different for the iPhone and they won't be able to do that until launch day. He said he could pre-qualify me for a "regular" phone plan and it'd give me a "ballpark".

I asked "then why is AT&T recommending people to pre-qualify before launch day" and of course he was clueless. I told him to go to his employers website and take a look. I then left. I'll try another store this weekend.

We can't blame the reps in the store entirely. AT&T has a responsibility to educate & train their staff.

I have to say, it makes me a little leary of switching from my current carrier...

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

So don't. Unless you're on a CDMA one. Just unlock otherwise.

4. RRK macrumors 6502

RRK

It just goes to show that there are some major divisions within AT&T. I have heard so many bad things about their wireless customer service but my experience with their U-Verse customer service has been startlingly good.

5. Blaunerts macrumors regular

Blaunerts

Tell me about it. When I called about something else I asked about their release time and the lady still thought they were opening at 6 pm like last year. I had to tell them that ONLINE it says 8 am! She argued and said "No" because we normally open at 9 am.She was Clueless... I said what ever you guys dont learn anything don't you....

6. islandtitan macrumors regular

islandtitan

It's Verizon...

7. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

The guy that did my credit check was pretty clueless too. He was confused as to why I was there for just the credit check and was not setting up service. Then he tried to get me to establish service on a free phone and explained that I could just return it for the iPhone next Friday. I don't see how returning a phone would be any faster than setting up new service on that day. Needless to say, I didn't go that route.

8. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Makes you wonder what it will be like on July 11th at an AT&T store.

9. Xiph0s macrumors regular

Exactly.

I stopped into an AT&T store as well and they were completely clueless and stupid. *sigh* Is this phone really worth it....? On launch day it's going to be HORRID.