Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
I got my order in once hearing about the site going up early. I used a different shipping address than my billing address since my parents own a small business and I wanted it shipped there so I don't have to worry about nobody being home to sign for it. This should be okay, right? I believe my family has a premier account which my dad gets a discount through his job.

MotleyGrrl

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Chicago, IL
I just discovered an issue with this - I preset the address to ship to my work. However when the order was placed it said it was shipping to my dad's house. (The phone is under my dad because he gets a 25% discount)
Anyway, I just went to update the billing address and it said: According to the policy of your wireless service provider, the iPhone in this order can only be shipped to your current wireless billing address. Other items can be shipped to different addresses.

Oh well. Hopefully my mom will be home when it comes.
Or, I might cancel and try for the in-store pick up if they do it like they did years before since my ship date is Oct 1-6.

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
I just discovered an issue with this - I preset the address to ship to my work. However when the order was placed it said it was shipping to my dad's house. (The phone is under my dad because he gets a 25% discount)
Anyway, I just went to update the billing address and it said: According to the policy of your wireless service provider, the iPhone in this order can only be shipped to your current wireless billing address. Other items can be shipped to different addresses.

Oh well. Hopefully my mom will be home when it comes.
Or, I might cancel and try for the in-store pick up if they do it like they did years before since my ship date is Oct 1-6.

Strange, I got the two e-mails saying I got the order shipped to the address that I wanted it shipped to (parents business). I hope it works out that way.

You ordered from ATT.com right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.