att sim data plan block

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bbchucks, Jun 26, 2009.

1. bbchucks macrumors newbie

Hi
    i have a blackberry with att plan with my company, i want to use this SIM card on my iphone3g. i used it for a few weeks until my company said att informed them that i am using a BB data plan on my Iphone.

is there a way to prevent this? how does ATT see that?

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.101 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

Att can see your IMEI, and the whatever device you are using is registered on the network when you put your sim into it; it is not a matter of preventing data flow, because that is not what is identifying your device.

I routinely flip between my blackberry and iphone, but since you are on a dcorporate plan things may be different. What is the problem exactly?

3. bbchucks thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. The problem is my company said "Att informed them" that i'm my BB sim is being used on an iphone. is there a way i can prevent that?
    i know i used my bb's SIM on the iphone for over 2 weeks previously without any notice. but recently i started using it again, i started on sunday and company knew on monday. i had to active thru itunes again since i needed to restore the phone. just curious if that triggered something.
    want to see if i can prevent from triggering something that will notify att i'm using my BB sim on an Iphone.

4. bbchucks thread starter macrumors newbie

does ultrasn0w or sn0wing the phone block at&t from seeing which dataplan i'm using?

5. illidian macrumors 6502

No.

However, I unlocked my iPhone over a year ago and have never been charged for an iPhone data plan.

6. DanielNTX macrumors 6502

Which iPhone? 2G or 3G?

7. bbchucks thread starter macrumors newbie

how did you manage this?