ATT Starts Shipping iPhone via Direct Fulfillment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brasscat, Jul 4, 2007.

1. brasscat macrumors 6502

brasscat

I ordered an iPhone via ATT Direct Fulfillment on launch day (after my local ATT store sold out). Got an e-mail a few seconds ago stating that the phone was shipped and will be delivered in the next seven days.

(The fact that I canceled this order, was charged twice for it, or that ATT added accessories without telling me to my order is another matter...)

2. zkaudio macrumors member

what bs on apple's part... I was refreshing my browser at 6pm on apple.com, had to have been one of the first online orders... yet I still would have been better off just going with direct fulfillment... what a crock.

3. btcutter macrumors 6502

anyone knows how long it really takes to get the phone? I filled out the paper work at 4pm PST. I am not going to wait in line for hours only to come home to not able to update the phone.

1-2 wks is fine.

4. D3lta macrumors 6502a

7 days? No thanks. I'm glad AT&T didn't ask me to do the Direct Fulfillment method.

5. antzona macrumors regular

antzona

I think it depends on the shipping you chose, or the person helping you chose for you.

6. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Why come you guys did not go to the Apple Store?

7. antzona macrumors regular

antzona

I didn't because I only had to drive 2 miles to an AT&T store instead of 114 miles to an Apple Store.

8. FaustArp macrumors regular

FaustArp

How come you skipped english class to do hippie crack with your friends under the stairs

9. dubels macrumors 6502

People with possible problems on their accounts were also advised to visit and AT&T store. The 7 days is actually quick. When we sold out at 10am PST Direct Fulfillment was listed as delivering around the 22nd. By 4 PM PST they system was backordered on every phone and stores were briefly told to stop orders on 16gb black ones. The best bet with AT&T stores is Direct Fulfillment at this point because as it was with todays craziness the AT&T stores get less iPhones compared to the Apple store. Also most AT&T stores wont know when they are going to get their shipments in that are for general sales.

10. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Hippies don't do crack they do weed.

But hey, you response was funny.

11. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

12. FaustArp macrumors regular

FaustArp

hippie crack isn't actually crack. its nitrous oxide. But hey! THANKS!:D

13. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

14. btcutter macrumors 6502

i had eligibility issues that took MANY phone calls to 611. Don't think Apple store would have sold it to me for $299.

I really don't want to wait in line either. It's nice that they'll just email me when it's here. The sales guy was really nice about the eligibility problem that I had and help me deal with it. He didn't ask me about various shipping options so I guess it's just a standard shipping.

15. Tytanius macrumors member

I was told I was getting free express delivery and should be at my AT&T store by Monday the latest.

16. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Yes, express delivery was / is available for $15. This fee can be waived when the order is placed (hint, ask about it):)

17. PrimeXample macrumors newbie

because in san diego the line was 4-5 hours long.....out the door all the way to the cheesecake factory ( if any san diegans are here)

18. PrimeXample macrumors newbie

I ordered my black 16gb in san diego at about 9:30am....While my status currently shows back ordered on phone and frt.

1st ATT rep told me 1-3 days for the order ( this was when i was still in line)
    2nd ATT rep told me 5-7 days ( this was after i already odered it ) When i was actually in the store with the rep he did not mention anything about priority shipping (but my receipt says priority freight $0.00) i dont know if they waived my fee or what?

3rd ATT rep from the ATT store i purchased at, i called later friday afternoon said 7-10 days and it was not possible to cancel my order once it has been shipped

4th ATT rep (866 number) said that my phone would be in the store on monday 14th or tuesday 15th and she called the ATT store personally and that was somewhat confirmed.

5th ATT rep that i spoke to today said that there is a warehouse somewhere in san diego and that it is possible that my phone may be there by thursday...

Now while ATT seems to make up whatever they want on the spot, i called the order status hotline and that also said my order was on back order and then said that items on back order will not be shipped til they are in stock (obviously)

This Direct Fulfillment is a huge mess and it is utterly ridiculous that I waited in line since the wee hours of the morning and chose to order my iphone and have already paid*, and now any regular person walking past an ATT store with phones in stock can stroll in and pick one up no prob....

*I say i have already paid even though the recepit and all the order status sites and hotline say you dont get charged until its shipped.......That is BS because they have you swipe your card and they do an inquiry on your account and that money is physicaly not there, its on hold and ATT cannot release that hold. so if i wanted to go to an apple store and buy it i cant.

waiting 3-4 weeks is unheard of and i hope everyone here including myself receives a phone within this coming week hopefully by tuesday like a lot of us were promised.... THANKS ATT!