ATT Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sustainability, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Sustainability macrumors regular

I've tried posting questions in a few threads, but I realized many people aren't understanding what I ask because most of them have ordered on the ATT Website and not a physical store.

I ordered the iPhone 4 (16 GB) today in an ATT store right outside of Chicago and they said that it would ship within 7-10 days. After placing the pre-order, they gave me a (huge) receipt that is to be used in order to prove that is me picking up the phone when it arrives at the store.

On the receipt, there is an Order ID number which I assumed would allow me to track the status of my order, but when I enter it, I get the following message:

OS001: We're sorry but the information you entered was not recognized by our systems. Please contact us for further assistance.

I also get this message when trying to use my phone number.

I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has gone into an ATT Store (not the website) and could tell me if/how they were able to track their order's progress.

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

edit:

I ordered online and it took a while for my order to show up, give it a day and keep searching by phone number

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe you can but its still too early to show up in their system online.
    Did you say you preordered today?
    Why not call AT&T and find out for sure than some online forum?

4. Sustainability thread starter macrumors regular

Mainly because its 10:40pm here and I figured I would talk to some people who have had some personal experience first.

I'm just trying to see if people who ordered from a store have to just wait for an email from ATT that their phone has arrived without the luxury of a tracking system.

5. mantan macrumors 68000

If you are using the 'ship to store' option, be sure you are using the store's zip code. Otherwise they won't match.

Also, it took a day or two to show up in the system.

I had no complaints at all about my AT&T store experience. I walked in over lunch on June 15 and placed my order in 10 minutes. My new phone came in on the 24th. I was out of town, but came in that Saturday and was in and out in less than 15 minutes.

6. Sustainability thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. It would make sense that it would take a few days before it showed up in their system.

Unlike a lot of people, I have only had good experiences so far with AT&T, so I imagine this process should go smoothly as well.