Carrier ATT: They bumped my date back!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tommy c, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Tommy c, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017

Tommy c macrumors 6502

Tommy c

So,

I recieved a new email stating my phone will be delivered 12/4 — 12/18. I’m upset to say the least. But it’s a phone.

My original ship date was 11/3 — 11/10. I still have that email. So yea, venting. I hope they are not expecting me to send this back in 14 days lol.

Anyways, anyone else get this?

Ordered 256GB SG

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

You should call the carrier and strongly complain . . .

3. bambooshots, Oct 29, 2017

bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

They may bump it back once their get a better idea of what stock is coming their way.

I think this was a problem for me when I tried preordering the 6 Plus.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Who bumped your date back?

5. ssrij Suspended

Not surprised, as I have said countless times, carriers and retailers do not have any idea how much stock they will get until a day before launch, so you should always take their estimates and "guarantees" with a pinch of salt.

Only Apple can give you a true estimate. Others just give fake estimates, which they hope turn out to be true, and when it doesnt, they just delay your order.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 29, 2017 ---
    Says right there on the title: "ATT"

6. sallenthornton macrumors regular

I am listed as the same shipping window as your original email. Currently I’m still sitting at shipping between 2-10 Nov. I ordered a silver 256. What did you order?

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Lesson learned, do not order from the carrier. Always order from Apple.

8. sallenthornton macrumors regular

I’ve had issues and success ordering both with Apple an ATT. I preferred to order from Apple, but the shipping window was December.

9. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

I learned that lesson with the 6+

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

The problem with the carrier is they will switch delivery dates on you. I had them change my date twice long ago. And would never order through them again.

11. sallenthornton macrumors regular

I’ve never had a date moved, but i guess it could happen. I’m waiting for me me to get moved after reading all the posts, but it hasn’t happened yet. Guess we shall see.

12. rantor49 macrumors 6502

Have heard many horror stories of carrier orders being pushed back. I always use Apple only and have always got on the date originally promised. Att was showing 11/3 delivery over an hour after pre orders started. I knew that was not true and there would be many upset customers. This is just one of many. And I agree its a crappy thing for them to do.

13. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

I have always preordered iPhones through Verizon and not Apple. All have been delivered on launch day.

14. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

That is not want al lot of people are experiencing. But I am glad for you. I have always got my new iPhone from Apple on introduction day. Apple has never moved my delivery date. Some carriers do.
    Hope yours does not get moved. My choice is Apple and yours is the carrier, it is all good.

15. Mr.Bigglesworth macrumors regular

Mr.Bigglesworth

Well now we know where Apple got their additional stock from with them bumping up thwir delivery dates to 11/3

16. dstew201 macrumors 6502

dstew201

That's exactly why I prefer to deal with Apple directly...

17. sallenthornton macrumors regular

Yes. I would have orders directly from Apple (preferred method), but I fell for the 2-10 shipping window. I have ordered directly through ATT previously and don’t recollect there being an issue. I’m hopeful to stay within the the original emails shipping window, but won’t be surprised if it gets moved. It is what it is.

18. Avenger macrumors 6502a

I was going to use the Apple app to order. I had it all set up but after it didn't let me in for 2 minutes after the store should have opened, I made a quick decision to buy from ATT. I've bought from ATT a few times before with no issues.

19. chazcron macrumors member

chazcron

I fully expect to get this delay on my AT&T order as well. This is despite a customer service rep bending over backwards to all but guarantee me that it would be delivered by the 11-10 date I was promised. I ordered at 10:30 AM. I'm pretty sure by then the shipping date had slipped to three or four weeks and my email date was wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ This was my backup as my Apple "reservation" evaporated. I'll reserve my seething for Apple's mistake, not AT&T's.

20. Tommy c, Oct 29, 2017

Tommy c thread starter macrumors 6502

Tommy c

I would agree with you. Ive been using thier Next upgrade program for a few years and they give you a discount for using it. Thats why I always use them. I tried last year using Apple itself and it was a disaster for me.
    I ordered the 256 in SG. Ive never had this happen either.

I even posted when I bought it early Friday morn, is this real, am I really getting next week? NOPE! Lol
    It happens unfortunately. I will call and ask about it. This is confusing tho. If I click on the first email link, it still shows the original shipping date. I would think the new email from today superseded last weeks and it would change on the website?
    I’ll deff call them, I ordered at 5AM. I thought I was out of luck, then I saw what they where showing me at that time.

21. chazcron macrumors member

chazcron

Woot! no need to call. My "Good to go" email confirms "Between 11/2/2017 and 11/10/2017"

Something went right. Looking forward to my "Preparing to ship" email.

I'm sorry yours got messed up, Tommy c.

22. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Happened to me with the iPhone 6 but then at the last minute they bumped me back to launch day unit. They have so many orders I don't think they can keep up with inventory counting, it being 2017 notwithstanding.

23. bsmsam macrumors member

bsmsam

I'm sorry yours got bumped. If that's your phone number, I'm not sure if you want it posted or not, but just figured I'd mention it. I'm also in the 570!

24. Skoal macrumors 68000

Why? Because you get an email giving you a date with an * that states plainly ship dates may change. Happens with Apple too. Only difference is Apple tells you in advance an approximate ship date. Either way you get your phone late.