Att throttle taken off?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ynotrhyme, Nov 5, 2014.

1. ynotrhyme macrumors member

ynotrhyme

At 5.1 GB and usually I'm throttled by now but not yet? Anyone else getting shown love with no throttle as of yet?

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

It could have something to do with the FTC filing a complaint last week in federal court against AT&T for throttling.

3. ynotrhyme thread starter macrumors member

ynotrhyme

Yeah I heard the news. But any official word of throttle being taken off? As it was never implied the throttle would be taken off till decision was made.

4. ynotrhyme thread starter macrumors member

ynotrhyme

5. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I switched over to T-Mobile a couple of weeks ago for this reason among others (amazing international features).

The only problem I have so far is reception in the Hollywood Hills, but I had that problem on AT&T as well, it's just that AT&T had a little better coverage. Other than that it's all good!

6. ynotrhyme thread starter macrumors member

ynotrhyme

Yea I just switched over today.. I can't take this throttling no more. And the best part is that sprint is fricking awesome in my area!! 20MB-35mb LTE great coverage.

See you never ATT.. And I'm convincing 5 friends of mine to switch over also.

7. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Depends on where you're at and the load on the towers. I've hit 6 GB and not been throttled.

8. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Not necessarily true. I travel all over the country and when you're throttled, you're throttled. I've been throttled in one city, and was still throttled in another city. Even at midnight....I couldn't imagine the tower load is that high.