ATT to search for unauthorized tethering

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by elgrecomac, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elan123 macrumors 6502

2. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

No thanks. Id much rather discuss it in here. Have you seen that thread. Theres no discussion of whats going on just a full blown internet fight. People who tehter vs people who are against it.

At least in here 99% of us tether and are ok with it so we can have a real discussion about it and not a bitch-fest

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Not sure why everyone is so surprise, it was doom to happen sooner an later, and as I said it on many thread about the issue, I was almost certain that it was going to happen the moment they allow an official HotSpot app to the Appstore (in this case, it is build-in on the iOS, same diference).

I actually think is very "unlike" AT&T warning people about it and not just charging them (this could be due to the fact that they are just fishing now, and sending that notification to all high data rate users instead of actually going to check the traffic, which is very possible and it keep "casual" jailbreaks and modder from doing it, which is IMO what they want at the end)

4. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Not to mention, What's there to discuss?

Almost everyone has always said that ATT could identify tethering but no one had ever been 'caught'. ATT has now proven they can and they've caught people doing it and are giving them 3 options;

1. Quit unauthorized tethering
    2. Select the $45 plan
    3. If you don't select Option 1 or 2, we will select Option 2 for you.

Pretty straight forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.