ATT to try make you decide on plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lamarak, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Lamarak macrumors 6502

When the new iPhone comes out this summer think ATT will make you choose their current 2g or 250 plan and get rid of your unlimited plan in order to early upgrade to the new phone?

If they do, again this is just a discussion, you think if the new iPhone had enough improvements , would it make you consider giving up your unlimited plan.?

I'm for once going to just use my iPhone 4 for the two years, I think it will be fast enough till then and maybe by then the 6 will be LTE capable.

2. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

No because I can just slip in my current unlimited sim card and bam.

If you want to use the Hotspot than yeah they may make you get off to use that feature.

3. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

If they try to make me lose my unlimited plan, i'll just lose my AT&T service all together. I highly doubt they could make you pay an ETF if they force you to change your plan. So, to Verizon i would go. :D

BTW: When i worked at AT&T (very recently) they still had people on plans from the early to mid 90's. So i highly doubt they'll ever try to force you off of unlimited, or any other plan.

4. Stealthipad, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I will just buy the iPhone 5 at what ever cost and keep my unlimited plan. Done:p

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Once verizon switches to a tiered plan, it will be harder for the consumer to justify and/or keep unlimited plans. Unlimited plans are an endangered species at this point

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Unless it uses 4G data and will have to switch to a different data type then they could make you pick a new plan.
    If its still uses 3G then you can stay on your unlimited plan.

7. Rooftop voter, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

That's fine. 3G is fast enough. The issue might be though, that all phones may be Lte equipped and by using one of those, you have to change your plan to a tiered plan.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree and with AT&T rolling out more HSPA 7.2 updates Im more than happy.