Att UDP have you guys...

Legionnaire

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
been burning more data than ever? My usage hasn't changed but I hit like 5-6gb per week now. Almost doubled from before they lifted throttle even though I never got throttled. Are they measuring data different now?

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
been burning more data than ever? My usage hasn't changed but I hit like 5-6gb per week now. Almost doubled from before they lifted throttle even though I never got throttled. Are they measuring data different now?
I noticed this too. I used approx. 3GB per month previously, max maybe 5-6GB on a vacation. Now I'm using at least 1GB per day. ha-ha. It's wild.

Meanwhile, I was testing T-Mobile to see if I wanted to switch and I wasn't using 1GB per week.

I posted about this in another thread, and I was told it was me using it. That may very well be, but it sure is odd that the month we get the unlimited LTE upped to 22GB I begin using 5x as much data.

Legionnaire

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I noticed this too. I used approx. 3GB per month previously, max maybe 5-6GB on a vacation. Now I'm using at least 1GB per day. ha-ha. It's wild.

Meanwhile, I was testing T-Mobile to see if I wanted to switch and I wasn't using 1GB per week.

I posted about this in another thread, and I was told it was me using it. That may very well be, but it sure is odd that the month we get the unlimited LTE upped to 22GB I begin using 5x as much data.
Just means, keeping UDP for as long as I can. With programs, sites, updates etc getting more data hungry, no way you and I would make it on a capped plan.

I never get throttled, I live in a town of 400. I probably make up most of the data on my tower since my neighbors are like 70 lol

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
No, I'm using the same amount of my unlimited data plan as I did before they changed their policy.

Pipper99

macrumors 68030
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I have heard that wifi assist has been switching people over to cellular pretty liberally even with good wifi connections.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.