att unlimited data plan question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by juan370Z, Jul 8, 2011.

1. juan370Z macrumors regular

ok guys so im off in vacation and preety much im in a place with no enthernet. so i used miwy for my phone and in one day i used 4gb of data im i going to get my contract canceled because of this? i still have 2 weeks of vacation so do the math of how much data im going to use.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They wont cancell you.
    If they notice it they will send you a warning text to stop unofficially tethering or they will switch your data plan.

3. DJKEWU macrumors newbie

If you are tethering without a plan, they will probably catch you because of the amount of you are using....your tethering your laptop to ur iPhone, if I understand you correctly?

4. juan370Z thread starter macrumors regular

yeah my phone to my laptop and my ipad.

5. wvphysics macrumors regular

If their system flags your account for suspecting tethering without a tethering plan, they send you a text stating something to the effect of "We have detected unauthorized use of tethering services. If this is in error, please contact us. If we do not her from you within seven days this account will be automatically upgraded to include tethering for your convenience."

So they send you a polite warning and will automatically swap it if they do not hear back from you in a timely fashion. Watching while on week-long business trips I have used some 15gb in a month before. I think they look for indications that someone is using it for their only internet, which can easily exceed 50gb, or if you download large multiple files at a time such as a game or video file onto a laptop. The 4GB probably wouldnt flag anything, the flag would probably come from if it were a file that would obviously be downloaded to a laptop, like a large zip file or some other non-iOS file.

6. juan370Z thread starter macrumors regular

oh ok i havent recieved anything yet so i guess im fine for now. my girlfriend has unlimited too and i jailbroke hers so once i revice a txt message. im going to stop then use hers:D

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You are so nice:D

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

What a guy! ;)