ATT unlimited Plus Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matthewjhawkins, May 1, 2017.

1. matthewjhawkins macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I saw that AT&T has an unlimited plan that they have released. I have the old grandfathered plan from back when I first got my iPhone - haven't touched it since because it was truly unlimited. From what I can tell this is a good replacement for this plan, seems like there aren't any loopholes or anything like that. Wondered if anyone has switched over or has any wisdom/advice.

Thanks!

2. Longkeg macrumors regular

You're a little late to this party. A quick search of "at&t unlimited" reveals many existing threads. It was a hot topic a couple of months ago.

Having said that, I made the switch and haven't looked back. I had an iPhone (w/old unlimited data) and a "dumb" flip phone on a 700 minute plan. By separating the two, the iPhone on a single line new unlimited plan and the dumb phone on the cheapest pay as you go plan, I'm saving about $15 a month (with autopay discounts) and I now have tethering, which wasn't available on the grandfathered plan.

Everyone's situation is different so you need to do the math and decide if the switch makes sense in your case.

3. theshoehorn macrumors 6502

I switched the day it was available from the DTV unlimited plan. Your biggest difference is the 10GB of hotspot. Worth it completely in my opinion.

Also remember the grandfathered plans also contain the 22GB deprioritization...

4. Longkeg macrumors regular

So do the new unlimited plans.

The main difference is the tethering. There's also a couple of other features, like "stream saver" which may or may not interest to some folks. The grandfathered plan had 2 price increases in quick succession. That, along with the lack of tethering made the switch a no brainer for me.

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

I switched because the new unlimited plus comes with a $25 dollar discount on Direct TV/Direct TV Now and free HBO. That means you can get Direct TV Now with HBO for as little as $10/month. Can't beat that deal.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Can anybody with a single line on the Unlimited Plus share what their bill ends up looking like after taxes & fees?

I switched off the grandfathered unlimited over to Verizon when their beautifully priced unlimited plan became available but I'm less than impressed with their service.

7. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

We have 6 phones and 2 tablets on our account. We had the 30 GB MObile Share Advantage plan. Going unlimited ditched our cap and saved us $20 per month after the autopay discount.

8. OutGolfn macrumors regular

I agree this is a good deal at $10/month for those that have the unlimited plus plan.

9. HPLouis macrumors regular

Remember one thing....the only company/work/FAN/Signature etc. discount that works with this is a Military/Veteran 15% discount. I had a 25% discount from work but I was able to still save money by using my Veteran discount with this one.

10. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I switched, had the grandfathered ATT UDP. My bill went from about $128 w/ FAN discount and 550 anytime minutes to $117.00 no FAN, unlimited everything + 9.99 mobile insurance included in the price and 10 Gig hotspot.

11. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

I just made this switch. I figure my bill will go up from about $93 (I blocked SMS texting and used a Google Voice number instead) to about $110–115. However, I was able to cancel my HBO subscription and save $15 a month. That, plus the 10 GB of tethering, made it a no-brainer for me.

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I actually dropped my local cable provider and hooked up with U-verse and talked my fiancé into switching away from Sprint (finally!). So we went from paying Charter $164/mo to $100 for U-verse and a combination of $190 to Sprint and AT&T for the separate wireless lines to $155 for two lines on the UDP Plus. So we're saving almost $100/mo. Happy.