ATT Unlocked iPhone 3G now wont go!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by moggi1964, May 6, 2012.

1. moggi1964 macrumors newbie

May 6, 2012
    So ATT unlocked my iphone and Apple sent me the prerequisite email to go through the procedure.

That all worked fine and I installed a t-mobile sim and it recognised it. I slid the unlock screen slider and up comes:

"Edit home screen" blah blah blah so I Press the "Dismiss" button and NOTHING!

I have reset the phone; DFU'd the phone; put in an ATT sim card and tried that; took it to Apple retail and they just shrugged; took it to ATT retail and they said an Apple problem. I even tried doing a jailbreak (even though it wasn't necessary) and that was successful but I STILL have the same problem.

Thing is; I only want to use the iPhone as a standalone GPS. I will use offline mapping meaning that I don't need to connect to a cell tower just the GPS satellites. So I won't even use it is a phone or a data transfer device! The t-mobile sim is my Virgin Mobile sim for the UK which doesn't cost me anything monthly if I don't use it.

Any ideas anyone?

2. moggi1964 thread starter macrumors newbie

May 6, 2012
    Just spoke to Apple and my phone is a paperweight. Must be a hardware issue they say (though it only happened after unlocking) and a replacement is $149.

So it's in the bin.

Oh well! :(