Att up to 28 days to ship! PLUS no cancelling! Called up though & got my upgrade back

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ap3604, Oct 11, 2011.

1. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Just wanted to let you guys know in case you got stuck with the ****** back-order date of 21-28 days before they ship you your 4s.

I called up Att and asked them to cancel my pre-order so I can go in the store this Friday and purchase one.

They said "Sorry there is no way we can cancel the pre-order" wtf? :mad:

I stayed on the phone with him and said it was completely unnacceptable that because of my good faith to Att in pre-ordering that I should be punished by having to wait 28 days to get the 4s versus just going in the store and purchasing one in 3 days :rolleyes:

He kept stalling and trying to get me off the phone and accept that they couldn't cancel the order but I said no way and if I had to I would ask for a supervisor.

Finally he said "Let me see what I can do"...

Next thing I know he comes back on the phone and says "It looks like I can give you back your upgrade so you can get the iPhone this Friday, but I still cannot cancel the order so you will have to refuse shipment to have it returned to us and you will get your pre-order refund"

Sounds good to me, really don't care about the immediate refund so much as simply being able to upgrade this Friday.

Hope this helps someone else :)

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Sounds like you are being charged twice and will need to get the first one refunded
    Pretty big $$ hit

3. TheNextHendrix macrumors newbie

What if you don't refuse the package? Couldn't you just keep it and then have two iPhones that you paid upgrade price for?

4. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

Naw he said I would obviously be charged full retail price if I kept it :rolleyes:

5. Jswoosh macrumors member

That sucks man at least you can get one by friday. When did you preorder your phone and wouldn't it have said 21-28 days?

6. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

what if when you go on Friday they say "Sorry sir, you've already used your upgrade, NEXT person in line" :rolleyes:

7. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

That's what I'm thinking: Friday could turn out to be very frustrating for you, but I hope not.

8. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

What??/ I canceled my wife's iphone 4S pre-order with AT&T yesterday.

9. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I have a good feeling the 21-28 days are bogus. Anyone who preordered when they opened up will get it this Friday.

You should have waited until Thursday to see if any progress was made.

Plus I cancelled my AT&T pre order 2 days ago just fine and ordered from Apple.

10. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

For clarification:

1) Apple builds the iPhone and supplies AT&T with the phone
    2) Demand for the new model is massive
    3) If you ordered from AT&T when they first opened the site for pre-orders like I did you would be recieving yours in just two more days as I am.

AT&T cannot sell & deliver a phone to you that they do not have, hence the reason I called to your attention that the iPhone is built and supplied by Apple.

Good Luck :)

11. Iron Chef macrumors member

That's so ridiculous. They won't let you cancel your order?

But here they are canceling my order when I didn't want it to be? I ordered 2 phones by accident because of how glitchy the system was on pre-orday day. I didn't even get 2 confirmation emails. Now I get an email saying they cancelled both because its against the policy to order multiple phones on one line.

12. ZipZap macrumors 601

I dont think its likely they will charge full price, and they cannot just change an order amount once its completed.

Second, you have provided them with contructive notice that the original order is to be cancelled. Unless its been shipped they cannot refuse, in the same way they must reconfirm an order with you if they dont deliver with a period of time (30 days I believe).

Once you get the phone from the store on Friday, call your credit card company and tell them you cancelled the order but the charge still exists. See if they will do a chargeback before it gets shipped.

13. dave006 macrumors 68020

You can verify your upgrade status by calling *639# and you will receive a free SMS Txt message with your line's upgrade status. You can also check online with your AT&T acount.

Before anyone that preorderd an iPhone goes to wait in line for Friday, please verify your upgrade status to get the latest information.

Dave