Carrier ATT Value Share Plan Pre-order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Craiger, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Does anyone know from past experience if I will be able to pre-order an ATT iphone at full price from Apple since I am on the value share plan?

I have always had more luck pre-ordering from Apple so I don't really want to deal with ATT. When I go to Apple.com today, it seems to only give me an option of paying 199 when I put my phone number and billing zip in.

There also doesn't appear to be a way to use ATT next when ordering from apple. Maybe this is something they will implement during this next launch.

Thanks!

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Yeah, hoping they'd allow online ordering without requiring you to sign up for a contract. I've just never seen Apple do it online at launch though. Alas, aside from the subsidy, I do believe Apple gets additional money from carriers for new 2 year contracts or renewals so there's a huge incentive for prioritizing contract phones.

Personally, if I do end up getting one, I'm thinking of getting the unlocked Verizon version for use on AT&T Share Value. Hmm, anyone here know if the Verizon iPhone needs to be activated with Verizon during initial setup?

3. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

This is what I'm hoping for as well.

4. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

In order to use NEXT I thought you had to go through the carrier? I could be wrong or they could change it but I thought that is how it works now... :confused:

5. duaneu macrumors 6502a

On 5s launch day, to do what you're describing, the T-Mobile model was the only one you could order online contract free. But it was exactly the same as the AT&T model and fully unlocked, so all you had to do was throw away the T-Mobile sim that came with it and insert your AT&T sim and you were good to go.

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Well, maybe it's pie-in-the-sky, but I'm hoping that can be worked out with Apple by the launch date.

7. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

After thinking about it, I dont think this is so much a pie in the sky. Too many people are on this plan now, they will have to incorporate it.

8. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Agreed. AT&T is actively discouraging contract plans now, it seems.