Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChazSch

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2014
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
I'm in the Inland Empire (Riverside) and its live for me. Haven't tested it with a call yet but I don't think we have HD voice yet, so not sure if I can test that out too.

Also saw my first benefit - instantaneous text forwarding on my iPad from my iPhone. I have quite a few android and Windows Phone friends and when they text me when I'm home I always hear my iPhone upstairs if I'm working downstairs, and a good 10 seconds later, my iPad would ring. Now, no more wait. This is a welcomed surprise.

did you sign up during beta? I am not far form you...with nothing

hassiman

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2006
San Diego
I'm in Indianapolis, IN and get the oops message after agreeing to the terms when turning on wifi calling. Where in the country have people had success with this?

Do you need to toggle any setting ON to get ATT Wi-Fi calling to work or does it Auto Detect... or does it work with ANY Wi-Fi signal?

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
No luck in Boston

Hmm, I'm over in Amherst for school and it's working fine here. I've noticed that once it's enabled in a supported area it seems to work whenever you go, even if it's to an unsupported area.

In Honolulu on business but live in west Texas. Just started working for me after updating an Emergency Address for 911 purposes. Looks like if I've got good signal, wifi calling doesn't appear in my status bar. If I push to Airplane Mode to simulate no reception and then toggle wifi on, I get wifi calling in my status bar.

8310febe8e3eec212a134d9d022e7507.jpg

Yep, that's precisely how it works. No need for wifi calling if your service is working fine. Great implementation if you ask me.

vtgeek

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
I have several clients who were looking forward to using the feature with their iPhone 6 series phones. After spending some time with att it appears that the have closed the beta to new users.

Its also not a matter of supported area or not, they supported their whole network, its more about if you got in on time and had the right SIM card and iPhone 6.

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
I have several clients who were looking forward to using the feature with their iPhone 6 series phones. After spending some time with att it appears that the have closed the beta to new users.

Its also not a matter of supported area or not, they supported their whole network, its more about if you got in on time and had the right SIM card and iPhone 6.
It was a matter of supported plan, and area. During the beta AT&T stated it was only going to be for those on Unlimited minutes, and in an area with HD voice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.