Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Stopped into Best Buy to look for a case for my iPhone. An ATT rep asked if he could help me. He had an ATT shirt on and I asked him if he was an ATT employee. He said yes. I told him to fix their damn service. He brings over a regional VP who was in store. The VP talked to me for 15 minutes. Asked me about all the trouble areas I know of. He emailed them to some internal team and he swears he will call me back with results from each area I gave him.

detroit1

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
i honestly have no service problems with at&t. i do get the call failed screen a bit but just try again and it goes through. good to see theyre stepping up

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
I have been favorably impressed by AT&T Customer Service throughout this launch ... somebody over there deserves a raise.

Not that the service has improved, but the CS has been top notch.

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
I have been favorably impressed by AT&T Customer Service throughout this launch ... somebody over there deserves a raise.

Not that the service has improved, but the CS has been top notch.

I couldn't agree more. Another thing I appreciate is the fact when I call their CS, 8/10 times I'm speaking to someone who sounds American and I can actually understand. Not trying to be a prick, but I hate being transferred to someone in India who will tell me to please Unplug and plug back in w/e appliance it is, pretty much just reading off of a list.

DynaFXD

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
East Coast
Asked me about all the trouble areas I know of. He emailed them to some internal team and he swears he will call me back with results from each area I gave him.

There's an APP for that. Seriously, search ATT on the APP store. It is something like 'Mark the Spot' Basically when you get a problem with your ATT service it lets you select the type of problem then couples it with your GPS location and uploads it to the ATT tech team. If your service is down it will send it when it can.

Of course I don't know that they act on each and every individual trouble report, ... but in aggregate it may start to show clusters that may be more problematic than others.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
I agree. I think with the exception of New York residents, people are going to be disappointed with Verizon when they switch.

Anyone with half a knowledge of wireless engineering (which excludes most people) would know that capacity is the problem with wireless networks, and nobody has more capacity than AT&T. The iPhone usage levels are going to kill Verizon's performance, and for those of us who stay with AT&T will be better off as the load eases from departures.

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
I can barely make or receive calls in my home right now. AT&T service has gone from bad to horrible in the past 6 months in my area. I've repeatedly submitted online complaints for dropped calls, etc. I went into AT&T and they told me it's Apple's fault. When I said my wife (who doesn't have an iPhone) has the same problem, they said "you need to call Apple, there's nothing we're going to do for you".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.